The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tridianprime
seriously? in mei, it snormally about 67/72 for 100UMS I think.

I dropped about 6-8 marks in D1 I think but boundaries for that are often around 63 for full UMS so still hopeful. I dropped a couple of marks everywhere but FP1,C2,C1 tbh. Only one or two in S1 and hopefully M1 though. Dont worry.

It is because MEI is challenging when edexcel generally isnt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordan\
Ooh, you'll have STEP to look forward to too then :wink:

I genuinely do look forward to it lol. I spoke to the CS guy at Fitz on their open day, and apparently if you don't meet the STEP they'll still take you for normal CS, but I am still not 100% set on CS with Maths anyway ~
Original post by Duskstar
Ah okay. I was thinking of pure maths a year or so ago, but I keep getting more and more interested in computing so that's why I chose it (plus the graduate prospects for Cambridge CS students are pretty crazy). Also, I have the option to do first year Maths as well (I'm considering applying for CS with Maths specifically), so I shouldn't miss out too much :P

Yeah, the career prospects for all of them are great really. I like the idea of doing a phd and then either going into research or, more likely :wink:, get a job as a quant at a hedge fund and make a ton of money.
Original post by C0balt
So your EPQ is year 12 then. Mine is next year lol
That seems to be a lot of work :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, we supposedly started it in January, and will finish it by the end of the term. Hopefully I can, because I don't tend to completely bomb things, but I might have thought up too much to leave to the last minute :/
Original post by thechemistress
Oh, really? When did you go to trinity? :smile:

25th of April, I enjoyed it
THANKYOU Zero!!! I never knew average was off top 3 AS!!!! This is an amazing day. :bl::bigsmile:
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're challenging in different ways. Its probably harder to get 100 in edexcel as the grade boundaries are such that you can't make any mistakes at all most years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by enaayrah

Yeah, I'm sticking with it, eff further maths lol I'm not as good at Maths as I thought I was.

I'm pretty sure you're overcritical(is that even a word) of yourself but it's your choice :tongue: you seem to like lit too which earns my respect :rofl: My interest is too narrow!

Original post by thechemistress

That's true :lol: I'm not exactly going to get there and then decide that I definitely don't want to apply xD

Ooh, great, are you coming down in September? :biggrin:

More likely thing is falling in love even further with Cambridge and get hit harder when I don't even get an interview LOL
Probably, trying to visit some colleges and decide which one to apply. I think I'm going to combine my trip with Durham open day so that I won't have to book too many flights :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tridianprime
THANKYOU Zero!!! I never knew average was off top 3 AS!!!! This is an amazing day. :bl::bigsmile:

For us maths people one of the UMS categories is MUMS just an average of all maths modules. That and Maths and Physics UMS make up the main things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I genuinely do look forward to it lol. I spoke to the CS guy at Fitz on their open day, and apparently if you don't meet the STEP they'll still take you for normal CS, but I am still not 100% set on CS with Maths anyway ~

I had originally started looking at Cambridge for CompSci, but I'm not too sure if it would be for me~ still got time to change my mind though!
Original post by Aideenfay
Hey guys sorry to interrupt your thread ! Does anybody know of any medicine essay competitions that haven't reached their closing date :O I am laser focused on studying medicine in Cambridge and really think completing such an essay might enhance my application... I feel like all the deadlines are gone by and this really upsets me !!

https://www.robinson.cam.ac.uk/prospective-students/medical-essay-prize-2015

I'm hoping to study medicine as well and will be making an entry! (deadline 1st August) :smile:
For us maths people one of the UMS categories is MUMS just an average of all maths modules. That and Maths and Physics UMS make up the main things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

MUMS :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't even do Physics~lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

All maths modules or maths modules going towards AS levels? My m2 may be a bit ****.
Original post by C0balt
I'm pretty sure you're overcritical(is that even a word) of yourself but it's your choice :tongue: you seem to like lit too which earns my respect :rofl: My interest is too narrow!

More likely thing is falling in love even further with Cambridge and get hit harder when I don't even get an interview LOL
Probably, trying to visit some colleges and decide which one to apply. I think I'm going to combine my trip with Durham open day so that I won't have to book too many flights :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im combining my durham trip with lancaster.
Original post by C0balt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, that's the worst thing :lol: There's no way that you won't get an interview, you're a great applicant :h:

Oh, that makes sense :biggrin: TSR has a college pros and cons which can be really useful when deciding :smile:
Original post by C0balt
Posted from TSR Mobile

The proper word is 'hypercritical' :wink: and I guess so :tongue: And I'm sure you're interested in many things, you just don't realise it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find edexcel quite hard :afraid:
Original post by Jordan\
I had originally started looking at Cambridge for CompSci, but I'm not too sure if it would be for me~ still got time to change my mind though!

It's the future :P

Also, apparently Economics has Cambridge's best graduate starting wages, then CS by a small margin, so there's always that to consider... also companies pay to come and talk to CS students to get them working for them after Cambridge lol.

~ I need to go to bed, so I'll talk more tomorrow I guess!
It's the future :P

Also, apparently Economics has Cambridge's best graduate starting wages, then CS by a small margin, so there's always that to consider... also companies pay to come and talk to CS students to get them working for them after Cambridge lol.

~ I need to go to bed, so I'll talk more tomorrow I guess!

Talk tomorrow :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending