The Student Room Group

Graphical calculators

I'm going to be doing my further maths a-level in the next couple of years and I'm going to need a graphical calculator

I'm currently thinking of getting Casio fx 9750GII

Are there any better ones or more modern up to date ones (ie what's the best one?) that would be allowed by the regulations for the OCR MEI board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomgallagher98
I'm going to be doing my further maths a-level in the next couple of years and I'm going to need a graphical calculator

I'm currently thinking of getting Casio fx 9750GII

Are there any better ones or more modern up to date ones (ie what's the best one?) that would be allowed by the regulations for the OCR MEI board?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The top allowed one is the 9860GII. The 9750 or 9750GII will do everything you need though. The 9860GII has a slightly nicer interface and handles fractions and surds and multiples of pi exactly(these are only for very simple cases). I think it also has a bigger screen but there aren't many more differences as far as I can tell. It's a bit more powerful but then again you'll probably rarely max out the processor on the 9750GII for more than a couple of seconds.
I use the 9860GII, but everyone else in my further maths class uses the 9750 and it does everything they need.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending