The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Typical student flat deposit in Hull?

Will be starting this October, just wondering how much of my savings I should keep around for my second and third year flat deposits.

I guess the amount can vary quite a bit, but does anyone have any ideas how much a typical flat deposit would be for a Hull uni student?
For student houses, I think they are usually £100-150 though it probably does vary.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
I paid ~£150 admin fee (non refundable) for each house that I moved into. Bear in mind that you will most likely have to pay some rent in August as housing contracts are generally longer than Halls.
Hi
We run The Village Hull, and we get asked this question a lot. Its always a tough call to set aside money now for a deposit for a place to live in 2 years time.
We don't take deposits - we charge a £250 reservation fee (used to secure your room and contract until the day you move in) which is returned with your first rent payment, we think this works much better as it gets you your cash back in you pocket quicker and shows that we trust you not to break everything!

I personally would save about £250 per year for a deposit, some places charge less and some more but £250 is a good starting point and is a pretty standard amount across the country.

Hope this helps

Rachel
Universal Student Living Team

Quick Reply

Latest