The Student Room Group

How much do you earn?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Async
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your response and correction and I really do see the benefit of separating the business logic from the data access layers. See I've not really had a proper teacher, I'm self taught so I don't really have anybody to ask these more complex questions.

Anyway, I think I've understood the principal now, I now just have to understand when to use it and when not to.

You never used Stackoverflow or Quora?
Reply 41
Original post by Juichiro

I hate asking questions on Stackoverflow. The people there can be so uptight sometimes
Original post by Async
I hate asking questions on Stackoverflow. The people there can be so uptight sometimes

Then, go for Quora. Anyway, I find that most questions I could think of have already been asked, and answered. So it is a matter of seeking the answers.

You can't ask this sort of question on StackOverflow, you'd have more chance on Programmers but even then it's a massive stretch. Plus those sites tend to be heavily American and full of people rather experienced and knowledgeable.
Original post by Push_More_Button
You can't ask this sort of question on StackOverflow, you'd have more chance on Programmers but even then it's a massive stretch. Plus those sites tend to be heavily American and full of people rather experienced and knowledgeable.

Why can't you? Also, many times, you dno't have to ask only look for the questions (most/all of which are already answered) :smile: Why is their nationality relevant?
Reply 45
Why can't you?

The format of StackOverflow is designed for fostering clear questions with clear answers - the intention of which is to generate exactly what you described; a Q&A site that gives you objective answers to common programming questions when you Google for them.

That doesn't really work when the question is "can you give me some general feedback on my code?"
Original post by Planto
The format of StackOverflow is designed for fostering clear questions with clear answers - the intention of which is to generate exactly what you described; a Q&A site that gives you objective answers to common programming questions when you Google for them.

That doesn't really work when the question is "can you give me some general feedback on my code?"

Well, I think a mentor would be best for that.
Original post by mos182
I know someone who is just finishing their Masters conversion course in Software Development and they got a graduate position in Edinburgh which is paying £25k.

What uni?
Reply 48
What uni?

University of Ulster Coleraine campus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending