The Student Room Group

Masters Course Monthly Cost Scotland?

Hi guys!

Was hoping someone could help.
I really want to apply for a masters course for next year (24/25), and the only thing that’s stressing me out is the cost. I currently earn around £1,200+ a month in my job for about 35hrs a week (looking for better paying ones so hope to be earning more soon). The course costs about £10.5k all together and I know it requires about 1.5 days of classes and a further 1.5 days of studying (so 3 days) a week at full time so the worry is how if be able to work around this. I know you can get a loan that covers about £7k and a further £4.5K I think for living costs, but I would likely have to still be earning at least what I am now to survive on top of this. I’m just wondering how payments work, are they monthly? If so, how much would it be roughly?

I have considered doing it part time over the course of two years so I would have more time for a job around it, but I know you are only entitled to the 7k for this not the additional living cost loan, however with the cost more spread out this sounds more doable?

I’ve looked into additional financial help but there’s not anything I can find that would apply to me

Would any current or former Scottish masters students be able to give me a rough number of how much they pay of their own money to their uni a month? Answers from both part time and full time students would be beneficial <3

Sorry if this is really wordy I feel like it’s harder to explain in text!

TLDR: how much can I expect to pay monthly to a uni for a masters as a Scottish student either PT over 2 years or 1 year FT?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending