The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
lucyb-90
Sciences are harder than the arts and you know it! The arts are mostly essay based so are on a pass/fail basis

sciences are easy. Arts are great
Dann
sciences are easy. Arts are great

The arts are good yeah but the sciences are harder.
Language NABs aren't C-level (at least my French ones this year haven't been).

And ARTS SUBJECTS ARE THE BEST! :biggrin:

Really though, they just are...
Reply 2023
Lucy, that is incorrect. I get graded in history.

I second Dann the mann's motion, thoroughly.
Reply 2024
Sciences are just about learning facts and rule. No room for artistic flare, no proper use of the mind. Apart from philosophical maths/physics, that is good.
Reply 2025
lets bring out the arts and humanities mascot

:worm:
Holly-AT
Lucy, that is incorrect. I get graded in history.

I second Dann the mann's motion, thoroughly.

I know that's what happens in History that's why I said MOSTLY essay based.
I think Dann could say that Badgers are reptiles, and you would agree Holly:p:
lucyb-90
Sciences are harder than the arts and you know it! The arts are mostly essay based so are on a pass/fail basis

I have to disagree... neither is harder than the other. The arts (I'm talking about my beloved history here really) involve extensive research, compiling information, choosing what is relevant, and then weaving the whole thing into something that focuses on a question - it is a skill to write a good essay.

In science (talking about engineering here), you need to analyse the problem, find out the best way to approach it to solve it, test it in theory, do so in practice - it is a skill to do this. The difference is that arts students have to think along more unusual lines - at times twisting and turning the original meaning of something :rolleyes: - whereas science students can stick to hard and fast criteria in order to get things right.
Reply 2029
lucyb-90
I know that's what happens in History that's why I said MOSTLY essay based.

History IS essay based you fool!
English essays get graded too. And loads of people find English harder than sciences. (Kubie, Wardy, Catherine???)

They're both difficult in their own ways, and it depends on the person whether you find something hard or not.
mynameiscal

hahahaha that's probably quite true
Holly-AT
History IS essay based you fool!

woopsy I meant not on a pass/fail basis.
mynameiscal

hahaha. :biggrin:
Reply 2034
Crimson Black
I have to disagree... neither is harder than the other. The arts (I'm talking about my beloved history here really) involve extensive research, compiling information, choosing what is relevant, and then weaving the whole thing into something that focuses on a question - it is a skill to write a good essay.

In science (talking about engineering here), you need to analyse the problem, find out the best way to approach it to solve it, test it in theory, do so in practice - it is a skill to do this. The difference is that arts students have to think along more unusual lines - at times twisting and turning the original meaning of something :rolleyes: - whereas science students can stick to hard and fast criteria in order to get things right.

good answer :five:
gotta go everyone! bye
Reply 2036
on another thread, I just made the best word.

snazzlecracker.
See you, Lucy. :hugs:
Reply 2038
cya lucy !
I quite like "snufflewumpus"

Latest