The Student Room Group

I feel like I've failed at life

I found out that my friend is having a baby, I'm younger than them by two years. We're over than 18

I'm just really shocked because I've never met their partner before.

I'm single and don't have kids.

I don't want to say I envy my friend but I really do.

I'm so happy for my friend.

I just feel there's so much pressure in society that if you're not married with kids by a certain age then there's this kind of stigma attached to it.

I feel like I've failed at life :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I found out that my friend is having a baby, I'm younger than them by two years. We're over than 18

I'm just really shocked because I've never met their partner before.

I'm single and don't have kids.

I don't want to say I envy my friend but I really do.

I'm so happy for my friend.

I just feel there's so much pressure in society that if you're not married with kids by a certain age then there's this kind of stigma attached to it.

I feel like I've failed at life :frown:

That's why I tell myself and others that don't give a ******* care about society all the time. Sometimes society compels us to feel suffocated. If someone stops caring, they'll feel more relieved. It's our lives and society shouldn't take control of them.

Also, please don't be disheartened. Everyone's wheel runs differently. Your time will come and all you need to do is just wait for the right moment.
Reply 2
Original post by Meheraj
That's why I tell myself and others that don't give a ******* care about society all the time. Sometimes society compels us to feel suffocated. If someone stops caring, they'll feel more relieved. It's our lives and society shouldn't take control of them.

Also, please don't be disheartened. Everyone's wheel runs differently. Your time will come and all you need to do is just wait for the right moment.

thanks so much for this, your words has helped a lot!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
thanks so much for this, your words has helped a lot!

No worries! Happy to be able to help! Good luck! 🤞
I'm 31, live at home with my parents still. Single, no kids, just about making a career for myself...

If you live your life to a timeline, always trying to please others or live by other people's standards, you'll never be happy yourself.

Life is too short to live to other people's expectations. What's meant to be in life, will be, when the time is right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending