The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Official Newcastle University Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from @Newcastle University for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!! :smile:

Click here to join other university offer holder threads!
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I have received an offer for MSc in Microelectronics. Just wanted to know if anyone's joining me
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Got an offer for computer science with a placement with grade BBB and it is contextual
Reply 3
Hi! I got a contextual offer of BBB to study Law!
Reply 4
Hi! I have a contextual offer of BBC to study English Lang and Lit. I’m going to the offer holder day on March 20th, anyone else?
Original post by Gracemi11s
Hi! I have a contextual offer of BBC to study English Lang and Lit. I’m going to the offer holder day on March 20th, anyone else?

Congrats! I got an uncon for English lit and am also going on March 20th!
Reply 6
Original post by daphneffion
Congrats! I got an uncon for English lit and am also going on March 20th!

You too! See you then!
Reply 7
Original post by amelia777
Hi! I got a contextual offer of BBB to study Law!

Congrats! I also got an offer to study law!
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Lucy01!
Congrats! I also got an offer to study law!

Congrats to you too! Are you going to any of the offer holder days? I’m debating it but I don’t want to make the journey if it’s similar to the open days:smile:
Reply 9
Congrats to you too! Are you going to any of the offer holder days? I’m debating it but I don’t want to make the journey if it’s similar to the open days:smile:

Thats exactly what i was thinking, its a good 6 hours from me so quite a trek if it is! If it was different i think I might?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Lucy01!

Thats exactly what i was thinking, its a good 6 hours from me so quite a trek if it is! If it was different i think I might?

Imma bump in the convo but yeah same, Newcastle is just too far away for me to justify traveling all the way there especially after spending a good 7 hours on a round trip to sheffield I can't imagine 12 hours both ways. Imma just hope it's good and pick it as my insurance instead of Cardiff 😭.
Reply 11
Original post by Lucy01!

Literally! it’s about 4 hours from me so i can’t imagine doing 6 hours i’ve signed up to the virtual student day thing, and hoping that’ll give me an idea of whether to go!
Reply 12
Literally! it’s about 4 hours from me so i can’t imagine doing 6 hours i’ve signed up to the virtual student day thing, and hoping that’ll give me an idea of whether to go!

Ooh I don’t know what that is- I’ll check it out!
Reply 13
Original post by shadowblades
Imma bump in the convo but yeah same, Newcastle is just too far away for me to justify traveling all the way there especially after spending a good 7 hours on a round trip to sheffield I can't imagine 12 hours both ways. Imma just hope it's good and pick it as my insurance instead of Cardiff 😭.

Honestly if you haven’t been I can almost guarantee you would love it- such a cool place and the people are so friendly, also felt super safe when going out at night!
Original post by Lucy01!

Honestly if you haven’t been I can almost guarantee you would love it- such a cool place and the people are so friendly, also felt super safe when going out at night!

Oh that's really good to hear then and yeah staying safe at night is also really important so that's even better. Thank you
Reply 15
Original post by Lucy01!

go for it! i’m not sure if it was specific for offer holders but i got an email about it a few hours ago :smile:
Original post by Lucy01!

Hi @lucy01!

Our Virtual Student Experience day will take place on the Wednesday 17th January, between 9-11:30am and 16:00-18:30pm.

It will give you an insight into life at Newcastle, an opportunity to ask questions to our admissions team, and speak with a student panel about their experience studying here.

You can click this link Virtual-Student-Experience-Newcastle - Study With Us - Newcastle University (ncl.ac.uk) to sign up to the event 😊

I hope this helps!
Lydia
Reply 17
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi @lucy01!

Our Virtual Student Experience day will take place on the Wednesday 17th January, between 9-11:30am and 16:00-18:30pm.

It will give you an insight into life at Newcastle, an opportunity to ask questions to our admissions team, and speak with a student panel about their experience studying here.

You can click this link Virtual-Student-Experience-Newcastle - Study With Us - Newcastle University (ncl.ac.uk) to sign up to the event 😊

I hope this helps!
Lydia

Thank you, I have signed up!
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from @Newcastle University for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

I've got an offer for history for ABB + B in epq, my a levels are maths, eng lit and history. I'm going to the offer holder day on march 9th and I'm so excited as I love the city so much
Just received an offer for Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry of BCC! (partners) going to firm it now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending