The Student Room Group

Join the Forum Helper Team

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoolCavy
An 'advice giver' role does not exist unfortunately, you can certainly give advice around the forums however. Most of the users who give advice on here are regular members who are not affiliated to any kind of team.
Forum helpers, Volunteer team and section leaders are not in the community staff as I explained in the other thread. The community staff are paid employees with the red usernames.

So can I be a forum helper?
Original post by Sofie Rose
So can I be a forum helper?

Not until you're 14 unfortunately :frown:
Original post by Lemur14
Not until you're 14 unfortunately :frown:

:cry:
Are their any things you could be if your not 14???????????
Original post by Sofie Rose
:cry:
Are their any things you could be if your not 14???????????

You could be a helpful member of the community by making helpful posts across the site and being friendly to people :smile: You don't need a title to do this, but it's really helpful for the people you're helping and people will really appreciate it :yep:
Original post by Lemur14
You could be a helpful member of the community by making helpful posts across the site and being friendly to people :smile: You don't need a title to do this, but it's really helpful for the people you're helping and people will really appreciate it :yep:

Okay Thanks. :smile:
Reply 145
When are you able to send private messages on TSR? I’ve now made at least 2 public comments and have been a member for a month, but yet I still can’t pm people.
Original post by AqARz
When are you able to send private messages on TSR? I’ve now made at least 2 public comments and have been a member for a month, but yet I still can’t pm people.
I can't remember the exact criteria, but it may be more than 2 posts you need to make before you can send PMs.

If you are trying to ask someone a question, it's probably better to start a thread for this purpose.

If you are trying to have a chat to someone, you can use their Visitor Messages on their profile page. :smile:
Hi,
Can I join the Forum Helper Team I am currently 14 yrs old?
Original post by TSR User_123
Hi,
Can I join the Forum Helper Team I am currently 14 yrs old?
You are certainly eligible :smile:
Have a read of the text in the OP then put in an application
I've posted in the required section. How long does it normally take to be processed? :smile:
Original post by NovaeSci
I've posted in the required section. How long does it normally take to be processed? :smile:
Give it a few days. If you haven't heard by end of Wednesday then tag the relevant Volunteer Section Leader
Original post by 04MR17
Give it a few days. If you haven't heard by end of Wednesday then tag the relevant Volunteer Section Leader

Thanks for your response :smile:

How would I find the relevant person? Just so I know who to contact.
Original post by NovaeSci
Thanks for your response :smile:

How would I find the relevant person? Just so I know who to contact.

This depends which area of the site you're interested in helping with. :biggrin:
Below I've listed each section and who's looking after it at the moment...
Chat - CheeseIsVeg
Life and Style - BurstingBubbles
Entertainment - CheeseIsVeg (acting)
Debate and Current Affairs - MrDystopia
Study Help - Lemur14
Universities - Lemur14 (acting)
Careers and Jobs - shadowdweller
Original post by 04MR17
This depends which area of the site you're interested in helping with. :biggrin:
Below I've listed each section and who's looking after it at the moment...
Chat - CheeseIsVeg
Entertainment - CheeseIsVeg (acting)
Debate and Current Affairs - MrDystopia
Study Help - Lemur14
Universities - Lemur14 (acting)
Careers and Jobs - shadowdweller

UPDATE as of October 2023:
Chat - CheeseIsVeg
Entertainment - Chronoscope
Debate and Current Affairs - 04MR17