The Student Room Group

AS Further Maths Questions

I currently am leaning towards doing AS Further Maths during my A2 year at my sixth solely because that a lot of universities that I am looking at are branding further maths as desirable/recommended and as many of you know Economics has a lot of maths within the course so the more I do the more likely I will be able to handle it. Also I enjoy maths.

My question is;

Do unis care about AS further maths? As opposed to A2, obviously A2 yes but is it worth doing AS?

Surely logically an applicant with this will be stronger than an applicant with normal Maths or am I wrong? I just want to know is this a waste of my time?
Reply 1
You apply with your AS results, so yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's not a waste of time. during my AS, a few year 13s decided to take up AS F. Maths and found it really easy. You most certainly will be a stronger candidate

edit: although the above post is correct, it will still give you a leg up at Uni.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's really not that hard and actually quite enjoyable. I wouldn't even say maths needs to be your strongest subject to take it; it certainly wasn't mine and I managed just fine
Reply 4
Original post by DJBux
You apply with your AS results, so yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh that's sad :frown: i really wna take it aha.
Original post by Slenderman
oh that's sad :frown: i really wna take it aha.

You could mention it in your personal statement..

Quick Reply

Latest