The Student Room Group

Ib may 2015 official results thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by localblackguy
Just to confirm - if your grade goes up when you remark, you get a refund right?

You also get a refund if (god forbid) your grade goes down. Have you sent a lot of things for remarks? I've sent four in and so far have only gotten one back (biology, which didn't move). Hoping I get them back soon!
Original post by Kavoi08
You also get a refund if (god forbid) your grade goes down. Have you sent a lot of things for remarks? I've sent four in and so far have only gotten one back (biology, which didn't move). Hoping I get them back soon!

Hoping that's not the case.. :tongue: I'm sending four in as well - French, Maths, EE and TOK. You?
Original post by Kavoi08

Really? I didn't know you got a refund if your grade went down, I thought it was only if it went up, that's what my teacher told me anyway.
Original post by MintyCherry
Really? I didn't know you got a refund if your grade went down, I thought it was only if it went up, that's what my teacher told me anyway.

Yes, Kavoi08 is right. One has to pay only if everything remains unchanged. Apparently returning the money if the grade has gone down is the IBO's way of offering comfort. :K:
Original post by Ganglion
Yes, Kavoi08 is right. One has to pay only if everything remains unchanged. Apparently returning the money if the grade has gone down is the IBO's way of offering comfort. :K:

Oh wow :rofl:
I had no idea, that's sweet though. :h:
Original post by localblackguy
Hoping that's not the case.. :tongue: I'm sending four in as well - French, Maths, EE and TOK. You?

I've sent English, Psychology and EE. Really hoping to get them back soon, as I've missed both my offers (my insurance by one point) and being in limbo is making me very anxious lol. Hopefully we both get ours back soon, tell me how they go!
Original post by Kavoi08
I've sent English, Psychology and EE. Really hoping to get them back soon, as I've missed both my offers (my insurance by one point) and being in limbo is making me very anxious lol. Hopefully we both get ours back soon, tell me how they go!

Wish you the best of luck! I made my insurance but tbh I don't wanna go, whereas my firm I missed by the 3 points I can hopefully gain from remarks. I will :smile:
I sent in 3 for remarks and none of them went up -.-
No idea what to do with my life lol
Reply 388

Aww thats really sad. But u can request yr uni .they generally co operate. Can i ask how far u from next grades.
Original post by alizay
Aww thats really sad. But u can request yr uni .they generally co operate. Can i ask how far u from next grades.

Computer science and biology I was one point away, maths was two points away.
Reply 390
Thats

That really sad. But i am sure uni will accept u. Send them them e mail.
Original post by Skye25
The written tasks in Group 1 subjects count as externally assessed components, so if you ask for a remark they will be remarked along with your Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the IOC and the FOA are internally assessed and will not be remarked.

thank you very much! but what are the chances that they will be marked down on the remark?
Aw I'm sorry to hear about that :frown: May I ask how long it took them to remark your papers/ for you to hear back from them?
Original post by goldenshades
Aw I'm sorry to hear about that :frown: May I ask how long it took them to remark your papers/ for you to hear back from them?

Between 5-8 days for all of them.
Reply 394
Original post by steph9719
thank you very much! but what are the chances that they will be marked down on the remark?

No one can know that I'm afraid!
That's why you should only send in subjects which are very close (1-3 scaled marks) to the next grade boundary - that way if it gets marked down, your grade doesn't change, but if it gets marked up slightly you will get into the next grade.
And do bear in mind that most remarks don't result in a grade change. If you're really close to the next grade it's certainly worth a try, but you should assume it won't change at all.

I'm one mark off in English, ToK, Physics and Maths. Went for remark and they all moved up to one mark off (bar physics and I haven't got English back yet). It feels like a cruel joke.

So I feel your pain. Just hoping my unis will be sympathetic.
Original post by ILovePancakes
I'm one mark off in English, ToK, Physics and Maths. Went for remark and they all moved up to one mark off (bar physics and I haven't got English back yet). It feels like a cruel joke.

So I feel your pain. Just hoping my unis will be sympathetic.

How many points are you off your camb offer after your remarks?
Hope all goes well for you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mitzy09
How many points are you off your camb offer after your remarks?
Hope all goes well for you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

As many points as marks..

5 lol.

I've given up hope with Cambridge. Let's hope Durham take pity :cry2:
Remark came back.. instead of now missing the 6 in physics by 2%, missed it by 1% -.- Cambridge please take pity....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending