The Student Room Group

IB results out -- but offer still couldn't be confirmed?

Hello,

I would really appreciate if someone working in admissions can offer me a reply. I have already gotten by IB results, pleased to say that I passed my conditions :smile:, but my college is telling me that they could not confirm my offer until the 17th Aug -- while applicants for other colleges having already confirmed offers.

This is perplexing because I am an international applicant and I would really like that CAS number so I can get that student visa application done real quick. I don't understand how this is possible? Aren't offers supposed to be updated around 24 hours upon receipt of official transcripts? (At least that is what UCAS website says)

Thank you so much,

Bluzzo
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by bluzzo
Hello,

I would really appreciate if someone working in admissions can offer me a reply. I have already gotten by IB results, pleased to say that I passed my conditions :smile:, but my college is telling me that they could not confirm my offer until the 17th Aug -- while applicants for other colleges having already confirmed offers.

This is perplexing because I am an international applicant and I would really like that CAS number so I can get that student visa application done real quick. I don't understand how this is possible? Aren't offers supposed to be updated around 24 hours upon receipt of official transcripts? (At least that is what UCAS website says)

Thank you so much,

Bluzzo

Has the college explained why they won't confirm your place until then?

Have you confirmed with your IB centre that all of your results have been released, (IE not missing the bonus points or one subject or something silly which makes it look like you haven't met the offer.)
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Has the college explained why they won't confirm your place until then?

Have you confirmed with your IB centre that all of your results have been released, (IE not missing the bonus points or one subject or something silly which makes it look like you haven't met the offer.)

College says confirmation process doesn’t start until 17 Aug, and “records are not updated until then”, which i honestly don’t quite understand since how is other colleges not meeting this issue. Yes, all my results are released including EETOK.
Original post by bluzzo
College says confirmation process doesn’t start until 17 Aug, and “records are not updated until then”, which i honestly don’t quite understand since how is other colleges not meeting this issue. Yes, all my results are released including EETOK.

They'll have access to the IB results then, they've just choosing not to confirm places.

It's unusual, most uni's will process IB results as soon as they come out and just place a few 'near miss' candidates on hold. There is no point in them trying to cram more work in around AL results time but that is their prerogative.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
They'll have access to the IB results then, they've just choosing not to confirm places.

It's unusual, most uni's will process IB results as soon as they come out and just place a few 'near miss' candidates on hold. There is no point in them trying to cram more work in around AL results time but that is their prerogative.

Yeah… feeling quite jittery waiting though! Hope things get confirmed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending