The Student Room Group

Ib may 2015 official results thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schrode
Wow, remarking Math HL is brave. I wanted to remark it too since things seemed really fishy when I got my breakdowns but I didn't want to risk losing any more marks.

I am only 2 scaled marks off a 7 so fingers crossed it will be okay.
Original post by Bexrose1997

Good luck!!
Original post by Schrode
Wow, remarking Math HL is brave. I wanted to remark it too since things seemed really fishy when I got my breakdowns but I didn't want to risk losing any more marks.

What subject did you write your EE on?

History.

Also, I checked the IB website this morning to check on my EE and even though I got my physics remark back two weeks ago and nothing had changed, it went up a grade yesterday/this morning. I'm joyous but it's strange.
Original post by ILovePancakes
History.

Also, I checked the IB website this morning to check on my EE and even though I got my physics remark back two weeks ago and nothing had changed, it went up a grade yesterday/this morning. I'm joyous but it's strange.

That's so weird, IB really likes messing with us.
For your info - sent EE and TOK on July 22, got result the day before yesterday. Nothing changed, yet EE went up by 2 marks (now 2 marks away from A).

i.e., re-mark usually takes about 2 weeks.
Has anyone still not got remarks back? I sent Maths SL, French B SL, EE and TOK on July 20 and I either haven't gotten any change or they haven't come back.
Original post by Bexrose1997

I hope you will get it but just to let you know, I was 1 mark off and they didn't change it -.-
Can someone enlighten me? So for those of you who have studied for an IB that if you are just a mark or 2 short that you ask for your exams to be regraded with a certain expectation that the marks will be upgraded almost to give you a "leg up" in to Uni? There are lot of people on this thread waiting for new notes?? Is it kind of the done thing?

I did an Option OIB and it is totally unheard of for students to ever ask for their exams to be regraded! We accept our notes full stop. What's going on? I get the impression that IB is a little "flaky"??? Please don't take this the wrong way guys.
Original post by badalyan
I hope you will get it but just to let you know, I was 1 mark off and they didn't change it -.-

I got mine back today and it wasn't changed- if I'm honest, I'm not surprised really but it was worth a shot though.
Original post by intmegane
Can someone enlighten me? So for those of you who have studied for an IB that if you are just a mark or 2 short that you ask for your exams to be regraded with a certain expectation that the marks will be upgraded almost to give you a "leg up" in to Uni? There are lot of people on this thread waiting for new notes?? Is it kind of the done thing?

I did an Option OIB and it is totally unheard of for students to ever ask for their exams to be regraded! We accept our notes full stop. What's going on? I get the impression that IB is a little "flaky"??? Please don't take this the wrong way guys.

Indeed that is the case. It's not done by everyone but it's common enough - mostly by people who need it to make uni offers, or people who just want to squeeze every last mark out to get the best possible score.

In this sense, I can see why it may seem "flaky" but I don't think it's necessarily unfair. OIB and IB are not the same in terms of what the grades are calculated to get in - assuming you mean Option OIB in France, it's your moyen that you use to get in whereas IB is total points. This matters as, not only is the highest IB score 45 compared to 20 in OIB, but 20/20 moyen is almost unheard of - while 45/45 is actually attainable. So, essentially, it's easier to miss an IB offer than OIB, and 1 extra point from remarks means far less than getting 1 higher in your moyen.
On a similar note, I got my Psychology EE remark today (after my offer became unconditional :tongue:) - got the 1 extra mark I needed for an A :biggrin: Requested it on July 20th.
Original post by localblackguy
On a similar note, I got my Psychology EE remark today (after my offer became unconditional :tongue:)

Thanks for explaining how things work! Yes I did the French OIB.

Congratulations on your offer!
Reply 452
I could not find the thread for 2016 IB results!Does it exist?
Original post by BioOx
I could not find the thread for 2016 IB results!Does it exist?

It's been merged into the exams thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3999379&page=8
Original post by Kavoi08
I need 38 overall with 766 at HL to study Psychology at Bath. Really don't think I'm going to meet all of those conditions, considering how badly my Maths SL papers went. Hopefully I am wrong though haha

i know this is ages ago but the same happened to me where my maths SL papers went horrible so what was the end outcome for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending