The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Hey guys, first post here. I'm curious to find out how everyone else here is prepping for this exam. I started a couple of days ago, finished going over chemistry today and starting on physics now.

Also, can I ask how you guys are using the past papers? For example, are you saving them till the end or doing them as you go along. I ask because I've never really used past papers to prepare for exams, but apparently it really helps. Thanks :smile:
Original post by dj3k
Has anyone tried the Blue Admissions papers yet? How representative of the real thing are they? I heard they're a lot harder

What are those? and where do you find them??

Anyone please??

Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, are there any good bmat courses that anyone recommends?
Reply 383
Hey does the assumed subject knowledge guide contain everything you need to know because after looking at the most recent spec, the guide has a lot of unnecessary detail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
can someone please explain how to do question 12 from section 1 of the 2007 paper please?
Reply 385
can anyone watching this thread that has perhaps sat the bmat or has had experience with marking essays etc etc help? I've written a few essays but its quite hard to mark your own work... or if i post essays here, will i get any feedback?
Original post by CYsuxx
Hi! All the past papers are on the 'preparing for the bmat' website.

As for scores, some papers have a conversion table but I just use the lazy and inaccurate method of multiplying my raw percentage by 9 :P

And yeah, I'm so glad they changed the spec, although it was mostly the maths questions I struggled on.

Original post by usycool1
You can find them on the BMAT website and there should be a conversion table for raw marks to BMAT scores on the answer keys.

Ahh thanks a lot guys.

CYsuxx, I also struggled quite a lot with the 2003 and 2004 papers, hopefully it's easier nowadays haha (haven't done any recent papers)
Original post by tanners141
Ahh thanks a lot guys.

CYsuxx, I also struggled quite a lot with the 2003 and 2004 papers, hopefully it's easier nowadays haha (haven't done any recent papers)

2003 to 2008 has a lot of stuff that isn't in the exam any more so that might be why :tongue:
Reply 388
Can anyone confirm, do we have to know everything that is on the section2 spec or everything in that is in the assumed knowledge guide??
The guide is masssssiiiiveeee, so much for not needed to do much more revision
Original post by TCO
Can anyone confirm, do we have to know everything that is on the section2 spec or everything in that is in the assumed knowledge guide??
The guide is masssssiiiiveeee, so much for not needed to do much more revision

Obviously you won't have to know everything but anything in there can be tested so you ought to know at least the key topics in there
Original post by not you
Obviously you won't have to know everything but anything in there can be tested so you ought to know at least the key topics in there

wait what's tested in S2? things on assumed knowledge book or the spec?
Reply 391
Are there any good BMAT revision books out there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
can someone explain how to do this question please?

I understand trial and error might be the fastest way but I'm not sure how to do that?

so 0.015 is the smallest volume of droplet size and 15cm^3 is the largest volume?

divided them I keep getting 10?? (which is wrong)

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 10.13.53.jpg
Original post by swopnil
wait what's tested in S2? things on assumed knowledge book or the spec?

Oops forgot to write that I meant the assumed knowledge guide
Anyone know if there is much difference between the assumed knowledge gathered at GCSE level and what is taught in Scottish Intermediate 2?
I need help on 2009 section 1,

Question 6. 11 and 13 as well as 15.

I would much appreciate it !!!
General question: can I get a good score without buying books or courses?
I think its too late to buy a book anyway as I dont live in the UK.
So are practice papers enough? The ones on the website?
Original post by PharaohFromSpace

subscribe to BMAT ninja. They have explanations, questions and practice papers
Original post by PharaohFromSpace

If you're not from the UK and haven't done GCSE or IGCSE you ought to take a look through the assumed knowledge guide on the website.
Original post by not you
If you're not from the UK and haven't done GCSE or IGCSE you ought to take a look through the assumed knowledge guide on the website.

No no I'm following the British curriculum so I think I'd be alright?
Thanks anyway:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending