The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilovecake123
does anyone have a BMAT SUVAT question i can try? lol
i wanna test what i know and i can't find a question on BMAT past papers to use unless I've just missed it?

A train stops at two stations A and B. It accelerates from rest from station A to a speed of 144 ​kmh​-1​ in 3 minutes and maintains this speed for 10 minutes. It then decelerates for 2 minutes ​and comes to rest at station B. Find the total distance between A and B.
A 22.5m
B 132m
C 133m
D 22.25m
E 122.75m
Original post by 
A train stops at two stations A and B. It accelerates from rest from station A to a speed of 144 ​kmh​-1​ in 3 minutes and maintains this speed for 10 minutes. It then decelerates for 2 minutes ​and comes to rest at station B. Find the total distance between A and B.
A 22.5m
B 132m
C 133m
D 22.25m
E 122.75m

lol ok i can't do that!
do you know how to do it?
lol ok i can't do that!
do you know how to do it?

cmoooon you haven't even tried.
Write it out, get everything in order and attempt it. Then send me a pic of your working an i'll tell you where if u went wrong.
Original post by 
cmoooon you haven't even tried.
Write it out, get everything in order and attempt it. Then send me a pic of your working an i'll tell you where if u went wrong.

i did try and failed miserably
i found this technique where you write what each value of suvat is
s is what were trying to find out
u= initial velocity which is 144
v= final velocity don't know what this is?
a= don't know what this is lol?
t= 15 mins? dunno 10 + 2 + 3?

do you need to convert the km/h to m/s?

I tried lol?
(edited 8 years ago)
i did try and failed miserably
i found this technique where you write what each value of suvat is
s is what were trying to find out
u= initial velocity which is 144
v= final velocity don't know what this is?
a= don't know what this is lol?
t= 15 mins? dunno 10 + 2 + 3?

do you need to convert the km/h to m/s?

I tried lol?

Haha i'm only messing with you, i searched for a hard suvat and then added my own random answer options to try and scare you xD.
Pretty sure you would need to draw the graph, but don't worry you wouldn't need that for BMAT anyway.
Original post by 
Haha i'm only messing with you, i searched for a hard suvat and then added my own random answer options to try and scare you xD.
Pretty sure you would need to draw the graph, but don't worry you wouldn't need that for BMAT anyway.

i actually worked to all out as well
thats not very nice lol
i got 30 km
lol i wouldn't know how to draw the graph
i pumped to use suvat lol
i actually worked to all out as well
thats not very nice lol
i got 30 km
lol i wouldn't know how to draw the graph
i pumped to use suvat lol

By the way, writing stuff out for the Suvat equations only works for constant acceleration. For this you would've had to drawn the graph and calculated the area or did three or so separate suvat equations.
Original post by 
By the way, writing stuff out for the Suvat equations only works for constant acceleration. For this you would've had to drawn the graph and calculated the area or did three or so separate suvat equations.

i did 3 separate suvat eq !
i did 3 separate suvat eq !

haha well, sorry about that. I haven't worked it out so i can't tell you the answer hahaha.
Original post by 
haha well, sorry about that. I haven't worked it out so i can't tell you the answer hahaha.

I don't appreciate you doing this to me
And I used mental maths as well!!
I think you should work out the answer now!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ArchmageRohan
Hi, I saw your post earlier about the double gazing question. What you did, 0.8 x 0.8 = 0.64 is exactly right. But I think what you need to bear in mind is that after the ray of light has been transmitted through the first pane of glass, yes, a further 80% will transmit through the second pane, but the reflected light will be bouncing in between the panes of glass. So in reality, the chances are that a further tiny bit of the light that was reflected off the second pane will eventually transmit through it. Is that ok in terms of explanation? Just imagine the path of the light that has been reflected off of the second pane of glass, bouncing in between, some will transmit back to the outside, but some will reflect back again...and then some of that will transmit through the second pane.

omg thank you very much! I totally get it now!!
I don't appreciate you doing this to me
And I used mental maths as well!!
I think you should work out the answer now!!

Sorry i can't i died and i have to sort out my funeral, maybe another time though.
Original post by 
Sorry i can't i died and i have to sort out my funeral, maybe another time though.

Think you're funny? Lol
Original post by 
you're not doing BMAT are you? You did amazing on UKCAT

Haha, thanks but yeah I am doing the BMAT XD Oxford aspirations :tongue:
Reply 994
Has anyone done the 2013 BMAT paper.
Knowing that it was 11/27 for a score of 5.2 on Section 2, I was feeling quite optimistic doing the paper. Ended up getting 8/27 :angry:
Anyways, how's everyone else doing with their revision? What scores are you getting?
Original post by thechemistress
Ah great, thanks :biggrin:

Haha, thanks XD Seriously though, your BMAT scores are unreal. There's no way you won't get an interview with that :smile: :smile:
Ah, no. Going for Oxford now XD my UMS let me down :cry2:

Ach, that's no good! You want to go to Oxbridge so much that you'll stoop as low as the Other Place :rolleyes::wink:

Anyhow, good luck with the BMAT and your medicine applications! :biggrin:
Original post by Magnesium
You're welcome ^o^ I should really be doing MAT instead of BMAT but my brain has literally turned off today :lol:

Wait wutttttt. I thought you were applying to Cambridge? :O

Original post by coffeelover345
Does anyone know why the correct answer is A instead of D?

Yeah, literally just did this paper :lol: basically, the clue's in the question- it says highest possible POSITION, not highest possible score. So say he ends up with 20 points as you probably worked out to get the answer D. Friend 1 will still be 1st place, because friend 1 (the one with the 4 and 7 of diamonds) will have 22 points. The only way for him to come first is by stopping friend 1 from winning by swapping his 2 of spades with friend 1's 7 of diamonds, giving him a total of 14 points and meaning that he comes first.

Hope that made sense :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Haha, thanks but yeah I am doing the BMAT XD Oxford aspirations :tongue:

What are your qualifications up to now if u don't mind me asking :tongue:
Original post by 
What are your qualifications up to now if u don't mind me asking :tongue:

Ah lol, it says on my profile but sure XD

GCSEs: 11A*s 1B
AS: AAAA (bio, Chem, maths, physics)
A2 predicted: A*A*A*A*
UKCAT: 3200
Ah lol, it says on my profile but sure XD

GCSEs: 11A*s 1B
AS: AAAA (bio, Chem, maths, physics)
A2 predicted: A*A*A*A*
UKCAT: 3200

Aw sorry about you results. Only 11A*'s ? have you not cosidered Biomedicine or something and applying through graduate entry?

Latest

Trending

Trending