The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArchmageRohan
Feel the same section 1 is the worst (BMAT generally) and there's everyone else that I know saying:
Wonka.jpg
And then a few months down the line:
Attachment not found

(hopefully this won't happen to us lol)

hahah, what kind of scores is everyone getting for section 1?
Can someone please explain this question to me?
Could someone please explain how to go about this question? The answer is C and I just can't get the 67% .... I would say it's 50 (not counting the ones that die).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bmatgal123
hahah, what kind of scores is everyone getting for section 1?

7.9 and 8.4, but then again section 1 plays to my strong points.
I scored 6.9 and 6.8 in section 2s.
I've done my a-levels tho which may give a slight advantage for section 2.
Original post by Tz-cass
Can someone please explain this question to me?

Is C the answer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angelfb
Hey there!I am looking for someone to mark and feedback my essays for section 3. Anyone interested? It's really urgent.
Thanks in advance

I can have a look at it :smile: But I can't really mark the grammar as I'm not a native speaker...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elatadi
Is C the answer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes please explain
Original post by Tz-cass
yes please explain

Actually, I have no idea why. Could someone else also have a look please? :smile:

I

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tz-cass
yes please explain

I sent it off without the picture, sorry...

So for square 2, I got 5/9 to be the length of it's sides by using Pythagoras (one side of the triangle is 1/3 and the other is 2/3 of the original triangle's side).

Then I used the 5/9 to calculate sides of square 3 and got 125/729. It's area would be this number squared. The numbers should get smaller and smaller and 125/729 is the smallest fraction in the answers provided...

So I know I actually didn't come to the area of the 4th square, but going further would give insane numbers and take tooo long in my opinion. There must be another way???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holy crap genius, did you do those under timed conditions? Please sensei give me some advice🙏🙏🙏 which Unis are you going for? I sense that you are applying for a second time, what BMAT score did you get the first time and was it because of BMAT you didn't get in or because of interview..?
Original post by BlueReptiles
7.9 and 8.4, but then again section 1 plays to my strong points.
I scored 6.9 and 6.8 in section 2s.
I've done my a-levels tho which may give a slight advantage for section 2.
I noticed that when I do Section 1, I always manage to narrow it down to around 2 answers, but those two choices would be so similar that it's nearly impossible to distinguish against them..

Does this happen to anyone else??

And if so,what steps do you go about to find out which one is the actual answer????
Original post by bmatcrazy
Holy crap genius, did you do those under timed conditions? Please sensei give me some advice🙏🙏🙏 which Unis are you going for? I sense that you are applying for a second time, what BMAT score did you get the first time and was it because of BMAT you didn't get in or because of interview..?

Yes
Imperial leeds manchester and barts
First time applying lol, i didnt apply for anything in year 13; didnt know what i wanted to do.
For section 1 idk i just have a knack for logic stuff
For section 2 i made notes about two weeks ago on physics and bio as they require some memory(for me personally) and revise them for about 15 mins a day
Hi!

I've been practicing writing some essays and I was wondering if someone could please have a look at one of them and mark it.I could REALLY use some help since English isn't my first language and writing is my Achilles' heel. Let me know if you wouldn't mind marking it.

Hope everyone's preparation is going well.
Thanks!
Just finished the 2013 section 1&2 and got 6.8 and 6.7 (I'd be super happy with that in the real thing), how did everyone else find it compared to the other papers? I found it better than 2012!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Conversation with my mum today:
"Mum, how angry would you be if I didn't get into Oxford?" :lol:

Luckily she doesn't seem to care too much and neither do I, so takes a bit of the pressure off Wednesday as Oxford is my only BMAT uni XD
Do you get scrap paper? Or are you expected to just use the question paper for working?
(edited 8 years ago)
how u do this :frown:
Original post by cookiemonster15
I noticed that when I do Section 1, I always manage to narrow it down to around 2 answers, but those two choices would be so similar that it's nearly impossible to distinguish against them.

Does this happen to anyone else??

And if so,what steps do you go about to find out which one is the actual answer????

This is the definition of my problem 😭
Original post by rakib567
how u do this :frown:

A tendon attaches a muscle to a bone. This would be D as it attaches the muscle to the external skeleton.

A ligament, however, attaches two bones and help stabilize joints. So C acts like a ligament, holding 2 parts of the external skeleton together.

An antagonist acts in the opposite way. When G contracts, it will straighten the leg. It is the antagonist to B because when B contracts, the leg is bent. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is the test in the morning or afternoon ?

Latest

Trending

Trending