The Student Room Group

Ladies/Men do you ever wear clothing for 1 day and return them the next?

So I was just wondering if any of you have done this before as in buying expensive clothes/normal clothes wearing them for a day and returning them the next for a refund. Please share your stories surprise me! :colone:
Reply 1
no that's not a pleasant thought

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
No, I wouldn't want to buy something someone else has worn for a day so I wouldn't do it myself.
Yeah dresses. My student loan can only go so far.
No... I just think that's not really right... I would feel too bad about it because it's not really honest...

That and the label would be really scratchy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
My mum done that with me when I was a kid. I was getting some pictures taken with a photographer and she went and bought an expensive fancy dress, I wore it for the shoot and she returned it the next day and got her money back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by MariaTsetse
Yeah dresses. My student loan can only go so far.

So are you walking around with the tags still on? :s-smilie:
Original post by Ciel.
So are you walking around with the tags still on? :s-smilie:

It's onls for balls etc.
I've been refunded even if I take the tags off. I just make sure to send then back with the dress and it's all fine.
Reply 8
Original post by MariaTsetse
It's onls for balls etc.
I've been refunded even if I take the tags off. I just make sure to send then back with the dress and it's all fine.

I see. To be honest, I don't think that's very fair but that's just my personal opinion. I mean, you can always rent a dress, or even get one from ebay.
That's such a shady thing to do
Original post by Ciel.
I see. To be honest, I don't think that's very fair but that's just my personal opinion. I mean, you can always rent a dress, or even get one from ebay.

Yeah but my conscience hasn't caught up with me yet (probably never will) so it was £52 well spent and then taken back :smile:
that's disgusting, hope karma catches up with you.
I've heard of others doing it but haven't and will never do it myself as I don't think it's right.
Reply 13
No although I do know someone who did it with a suit when they had an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest