The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Okeford house - opinions and future mates!

Hi All!

I will be studying Events Management (Msc) from September and I have booked a room in Okeford House.

I would like to know if anyone knows something about this accommodation, their opinion about the building, the position etc...!

Then, who else is going to be there? :biggrin: looking forward to meet you, too excited about starting the course and life in Bournemouth! :smile:
Reply 1
Hi, looks like we have similar names!

I haven't booked accommodation yet but am thinking of putting Chesil House down first with Okeford as a back-up! Was Okeford your first choice? I'd be interested in finding out more about it too. Looks like it's close enough to the Talbot campus which is where I'll be studying (MA Radio Production).
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Hi Sarah :smile: Ahaha yes, we do!
Well, when yesterday morning I looked for a room on the accommodation portal, everything was basically taken: there were only 3 rooms available in Okeford... I didn't even know that you could have had back-up, honestly! So I picked up one of the last rooms... anyway yes, Okeford was my first choice, it's close to Talbot where i will also have my lessons :smile: Chesil seemed also nice and it's closer to the city centre, but I think that I looked also at it, but there were no more rooms left!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
They both seem like pretty popular choices then! My offer just turned unconditional, so I will have to wait until the next accommodation release which is 29th. They said that you have an equal chance of getting your first choice regardless of which window you book in, but I'll probably have to do it as soon as it opens! I don't really want to end up in Corfe House because even though it looks nice, it seems too far away.
Reply 4
That's true, it opened at 10am and I logged in 2 hours late... such a pity, but I was working :frown: and if I well understood, there are only 60 places for the postgrads in okeford,so probably they release only 20 of them in each release date!
Yes, Corfe house is probably the worst option!
Hope you'll get your preferred choice! :smile:
Reply 5
Hey there! I'm also studying Events management Msc and I will be staying at Okeford house! I was a bit late about booking my room and that was the only available, hope that it is going to be a good choice!
Reply 6
Original post by iReNe_K
Hey there! I'm also studying Events management Msc and I will be staying at Okeford house! I was a bit late about booking my room and that was the only available, hope that it is going to be a good choice!

Hi Irene!! Great to meet a fellow :biggrin: hope the same! What flat are you in??
Reply 7
I'm in flat 22! u?
Reply 8
Original post by iReNe_K
I'm in flat 22! u?

21! what a coincidence, we will be neighbors! :smile: :smile:
Reply 9
great!!!!
:smile::smile:
Reply 10
Hi!!!
I'm Elisa, from Spain. I'll be doing Film and TV production in BU! And I also have booked a room in Okeford house (flat 22, like Irene!). I think I've spoken to Irene by Facebook already.
In less than two months we are there!!!! :smile:
Where do you come from Sara?
Reply 11
Hey Elisa!
oooh love that course as well!! i am very interested in the film industry, it's so great that almost everyone in this hall do something connected with media production/events :smile: good to know another neighbour :biggrin: and I come from Italy, so anyway we can consider ourselves cousins :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Sara_92
Hi All!

I will be studying Events Management (Msc) from September and I have booked a room in Okeford House.

I would like to know if anyone knows something about this accommodation, their opinion about the building, the position etc...!

Then, who else is going to be there? :biggrin: looking forward to meet you, too excited about starting the course and life in Bournemouth! :smile:

Hi Sara,

I´m going to be living in Okeford House as well. Also going to study Events Management. Getting pretty excited!
Reply 13
Original post by Oltsi
Hi Sara,

I´m going to be living in Okeford House as well. Also going to study Events Management. Getting pretty excited!

Hello!! Great to hear that!! :smile: we'll meet soon then :wink: where are you from??
Reply 14
Original post by Sara_92
Hello!! Great to hear that!! :smile: we'll meet soon then :wink: where are you from??

Hi,

I'm from Finland.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending