The Student Room Group

Impossible Question!!!! Reward for answer

£3 for whoever gets this and is able to fully justify their answer. Will sort through paypal after confirmation.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bottom row 3rd from the left
Reply 2
Original post by Aph
Bottom row 3rd from the left

Why?
Reply 3
Original post by raglaf_II
Why?

They are all on diagonals going from top right to bottom left. One where both are vertical, one where it is one vertical, one horizontal and the one where we are looking at has all 3 with 2 diagonals and that's the only one with 2 diagonals.
Reply 4
Original post by Aph
They are all on diagonals going from top right to bottom left. One where both are vertical, one where it is one vertical, one horizontal and the one where we are looking at has all 3 with 2 diagonals and that's the only one with 2 diagonals.

I don't really understand what you mean
Reply 5
I don't really understand what you mean

:sigh: anyway is that the right answer?
£3 for whoever gets this and is able to fully justify their answer. Will sort through paypal after confirmation.

Two arrows pointing down.
Original post by Aph
:sigh: anyway is that the right answer?

no
bottom row, third from the left.

Why?

each row/column consists of similar patterns - arrows arranged vertically, vertical + horizontal, and diagonally. The missing portion, has a vertical, and horizontal + vertical patterns present in the corresponding column and row, which leads you to recognise that arrows arranged diagonally are missing.

The only arrows arranged diagonally are the ones on the bottom row, third from the left.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by getfunky!
bottom row, third from the left.

each row/column consists of similar patterns - arrows arranged vertically, vertical + horizontal, and diagonally. The missing portion, has a vertical, and horizontal + vertical patterns present in the corresponding column and row, which leads you to recognise that arrows arranged diagonally are missing from.

The only arrows arranged diagonally are the ones on the bottom row, third from the left.

Basically what I was saying but apparently it isn't:grumble:
Original post by Aph
Basically what I was saying but apparently it isn't:grumble:

Dude, it is the answer.
Reply 11
Original post by getfunky!
Dude, it is the answer.

Oh, I didn't think that they woudl lie...
Anyway that's East then.
Is it the one on the first row, last one
Or
The one I think it is, is the second row, third to the left.
(edited 8 years ago)
Any answer is possibly correct... this is what I hate about these kind of 'logic' puzzles... you are just guessing what the author had in mind...
Reply 14
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Bottom row, third from the left hand side.

I'll take payment through Paypal tnx.

Are you actually gonna hustle £3? :lol:
Bottom row, third from the left hand side.

Original post by SA-1
Are you actually gonna hustle £3? :lol:

You quoted me before I could edit!

Yeah fam, dat student life tho :colone:

Spoiler

The one with two diagonal arrows.
Goddammit people, it's two arrows pointing down!

Reason: the question is supposedly impossible. If any of the solutions contained the answer, it wouldn't be impossible. Two arrows pointing down isn't in the solutions, therefore I win by thinking outside the box.

Gimme my money.
Reply 18
The one in the middle at the bottom?
Reply 19
Original post by Drunk Punx
Goddammit people, it's two arrows pointing down!

Reason: the question is supposedly impossible. If any of the solutions contained the answer, it wouldn't be impossible. Two arrows pointing down isn't in the solutions, therefore I win by thinking outside the box.

Gimme my money.

Yep i saw the same immediately, i then spent 10 minutes looking at the options given and wondering where i went wrong, turns out OP is trying to take the p

Quick Reply

Latest