The Student Room Group

2016 Physics Applicants

Scroll to see replies

A Levels chosen and predicted A grades
Maths, Further Maths AS, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science
Achieved AAAA at AS and am predicted A*A*A*A* with an A in the Further Maths AS I will finish this year and an A* prediction in the EPQ.

Favourite areas in physics?
I really love astrophysics and particle physics!

Best and worst exam
Well, best would be the ones I got full UMS in:
C2, C3, S1, Physics mechanics and physics ISA, computing programming exam.

Worst is the computing theory, only got 83% in that, barely scraped an A.

Universities
Cambridge for physical natsci, Imperial, Bath, UCL and Surrey. In that order of preference although I'm unsure whether Bath or UCL is a better place to study physics...
AS was AABB in Maths, Economics, Physics, Computing respectively, dropped Economics
The two B's were close to A however so no I am not silly for dropping a subject I got an A in :biggrin:

Predicted A*AA (Maths/Physics/Computing)

Best exam was Maths S1, worst was Physics B Unit 2 but might retake it as it would make AS Physics a solid A

Applying to Nottingham, Birmingham, Sussex, Surrey, Leicester
Got unconditional offer from Leicester, and a conditional from Sussex (but if I firm them the offer goes down to ABB from AAA which is pretty cool as its my favourite uni I've been to, so its an almost guarantee to get in unless I screw up badly)
Original post by xturqz
AS was AABB in Maths, Economics, Physics, Computing respectively, dropped Economics
The two B's were close to A however so no I am not silly for dropping a subject I got an A in :biggrin:

Predicted A*AA (Maths/Physics/Computing)

Best exam was Maths S1, worst was Physics B Unit 2 but might retake it as it would make AS Physics a solid A

Applying to Nottingham, Birmingham, Sussex, Surrey, Leicester
Got unconditional offer from Leicester, and a conditional from Sussex (but if I firm them the offer goes down to ABB from AAA which is pretty cool as its my favourite uni I've been to, so its an almost guarantee to get in unless I screw up badly)

Where did you end up deciding? I trust you got a place that you are excited about :yes:
Original post by Colinj451
Where did you end up deciding? I trust you got a place that you are excited about :yes:

Got a place for MSci Physics and Astronomy at Nottingham :biggrin: They lowered my offer to AAB which I could not refuse! I could have used adjustment to go pretty much anywhere but it's such a nice place that I didn't bother :tongue:
does anyone know if uni of surrey is good for physics??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending