The Student Room Group

The poshest universities?

I have seen one or two threads about this kind of thing but everyone seems to give the usual (Oxbridge, St. Andrews, Durham etc.) so I want to know if there are any other universities that seem to attract 'posh' students. Universities that aren't Russel Group?
Reply 1
St Andrews isn't russel group
Russell Group means bugger all - they're just a bunch of unis with shared research interests.

:yy:
Some of the Made In Chelsea cast went to Oxford Brookes, they're posh people LOL
Reply 4
I don't know what you're trying to differentiate. It's consistently the same dozen or so universities that attract wealthy or well-connected people. It could be a range of factors from better education and upbringing to simply having the right guidance or wanting to be with like-minded people. One factor many of them have in common are strengths in the arts and humanities. Many of them also tend to be institutions that value tradition.

From my experience I would narrow it down to Oxford, Cambridge, Durham, Bristol, St Andrews and the old London colleges (University/King's), possibly Edinburgh.
(edited 8 years ago)
Everyone I've met from Warwick was a stuck up ****.
I heard its University of East london (UEL). Some posh arrogant people there.
All the RG unis have a substantial portion of "posh" students. That's true for the top 30, I daresay.
Original post by khalid78628
I heard its University of East london (UEL). Some posh arrogant people there.

Posh and stupid*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RoundTrip
Everyone I've met from Warwick was a stuck up ****.

Lol do tell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Princepieman
Posh and stupid*

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can state with relative certainty that he was only joking. East London is famous for its working class roots.
I've heard from a few sources that Exeter is quite posh? At least, it attracts some quite wealthy people who weren't quite good enough for Oxford/Cambridge :dontknow:
Original post by gutenberg
I've heard from a few sources that Exeter is quite posh? At least, it attracts some quite wealthy people who weren't quite good enough for Oxford/Cambridge :dontknow:

Exactly what I heard, lots of rich privately-educated country kids there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending