The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mysticmin
You got full marks didn't you <glares>

I got 14 out of 60. Well, I was quite proud of it, after all, it was the first synoptic I had ever done.
Reply 81
Mysticmin
Gah, if we rid the country of candidates like you then me and wiwarin would be in with a chance... :cool:

What did I do? :redface:
wiwarin_mir
I got 14 out of 60. Well, I was quite proud of it, after all, it was the first synoptic I had ever done.

I got 75% on my first, and three papers later it'd dropped to about 50% :rolleyes: Don't ever believe teachers when they tell you practise helps. And now I'm back to around 75% again. At least I'm vaguely consistant...
shiny
What did I do? :redface:

You scored too high. Who does chem on here, perhaps we can concoct an intelligence triggered drug...
Reply 84
Mysticmin
Gah, if we rid the country of candidates like you then me and wiwarin would be in with a chance... :cool:

lol and me
I am really not a superstar in physics, electronics however, I am doing very well.
Reply 86
wiwarin_mir
I am really not a superstar in physics, electronics however, I am doing very well.

I used to like electronics but it got boring at uni. Cambridge is very into analysis and not as much into design :frown:
Reply 87
Mysticmin
You scored too high. Who does chem on here, perhaps we can concoct an intelligence triggered drug...

Everyone at school thought I was a freak! :mad:
shiny
I used to like electronics but it got boring at uni. Cambridge is very into analysis and not as much into design :frown:

I love electronics, who couldn't get stuck into a good boolian problem or whip up a SIPO
shiny
Everyone at school thought I was a freak! :mad:

Well now you've mentioned it... :wink:

Nah, I'm kidding, people at school still tease me about doing f. maths. They're only jealous, I'd love to get near full marks in the synoptic :smile:
Reply 90
wiwarin_mir
I love electronics, who couldn't get stuck into a good boolian problem or whip up a SIPO

All we did for two years was do maths and study current-voltage characteristics and other boring stuff. I never got to do any actual electronic design and circuit building. I liked fiddling with component and blowing capacitors up! :biggrin:
shiny
and blowing capacitors up! :biggrin:

:confused: You can actually blow them up? I thought these were relatively safe little widgets. One of my friends set his hand on fire in chem class and waved it around :rolleyes:
shiny
All we did for two years was do maths and study current-voltage characteristics and other boring stuff. I never got to do any actual electronic design and circuit building. I liked fiddling with component and blowing capacitors up! :biggrin:

I have nevr once blown a capacitor up, LEDs however.
Reply 93
Mysticmin
Well now you've mentioned it... :wink:

Nah, I'm kidding, people at school still tease me about doing f. maths. They're only jealous, I'd love to get near full marks in the synoptic :smile:

Even the further maths people thought I was a freak! :mad:
Reply 94
Mysticmin
:confused: You can actually blow them up? I thought these were relatively safe little widgets. One of my friends set his hand on fire in chem class and waved it around :rolleyes:

Depends on the type of capacitor I think, but I've done it myself a number of times. Blowing capacitors is one of the main places the magic blue smoke which makes them work leaks from things.
Reply 95
wiwarin_mir
I have nevr once blown a capacitor up, LEDs however.

I liked doing GCSE Design & Tech. I built a electronic game with lots of flashing LEDs it was wicked! Totally pointless but fun to do nonetheless! :biggrin:
shiny
Even the further maths people thought I was a freak! :mad:

Lol, you must really be a freak then :tongue:

I'm sure you're a normal person. You're just very very clever, like the dude I know who's off to Trinity this oct. Don't think I've called him a freak yet...must try that sometime soon.
Mysticmin

I would assume that if you were using a polarised capacitor, switching the voltage would cause the electrolytic to break down.
calumc
Depends on the type of capacitor I think, but I've done it myself a number of times. Blowing capacitors is one of the main places the magic blue smoke which makes them work leaks from things.

*Makes a note to self to take advantage of the lab before leaving school*

Calumc - stop aggravating the poor essex lad, it's not his fault he thinks sex is everything...
shiny
I liked doing GCSE Design & Tech. I built a electronic game with lots of flashing LEDs it was wicked! Totally pointless but fun to do nonetheless! :biggrin:

I have built an electronic dice before, as well as a time devision multiplexer (my A2 project)

Latest