The Student Room Group

Organisation tips

Starting sixth form in September and would like to know the best way of organising my work. I thought of having a separate notepad for each subject and keeping the notes in there for reading. But, I also have a ring binder folder which if needed I would use it for all subjects having separate dividers for each one. What do you think? (My subjects will be: biology, psychology, sociology and philosophy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elise68
Starting sixth form in September and would like to know the best way of organising my work. I thought of having a separate notepad for each subject and keeping the notes in there for reading. But, I also have a ring binder folder which if needed I would use it for all subjects having separate dividers for each one. What do you think? (My subjects will be: biology, psychology, sociology and philosophy)

I'd use the notepads to store notes on the current topic you are doing in class but, once you move on to the next topic, I'd file the notes in a subject-specific ringbinder you keep permenantly at home. You'll probably need a ringbinder per subject! And invest in some of these - you will need them :tongue:

Best of luck with your A levels :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Elisha Rebekah
I'd use the notepads to store notes on the current topic you are doing in class but, once you move on to the next topic, I'd file the notes in a subject-specific ringbinder you keep permenantly at home. You'll probably need a ringbinder per subject! And invest in some of these - you will need them :tongue:

Okay, thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm gonna have 3 A4 folders for A2. When a topic is over, I will keep the notes at home.

The big folders a way to heavy to carry.
Original post by elise68

Posted from TSR Mobile

That seems like a good idea, but it really depends on the rules of your sixth form. Mine requires the use of exercise books (one per teacher) which are occasionally collected in and marked, and when a friend tried to do your method (albeit terribly, with poor notes), he was told to write it all out again in an exercise book. If your sixth form provides you with freedom, your method sounds great, but it's worth checking.
Original post by elise68

Posted from TSR Mobile

you are doing the same subjects as me
Original post by Elisha Rebekah

I've used those before and then my parents were like 'you don't need them' and I think I lost a piece of my souk
Reply 7
I had the subjects in order in a ring binder of when I had them in school. If I had chemistry first two on a Monday I had it at the front and so on.
Reply 8
Original post by Alicemidgetgem
you are doing the same subjects as me

Oh nice! Are you already at sixth form or starting in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by doctorwhofan98
That seems like a good idea, but it really depends on the rules of your sixth form. Mine requires the use of exercise books (one per teacher) which are occasionally collected in and marked, and when a friend tried to do your method (albeit terribly, with poor notes), he was told to write it all out again in an exercise book. If your sixth form provides you with freedom, your method sounds great, but it's worth checking.

Yeah at my school we have to provide our own paper to do our work😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elise68
Oh nice! Are you already at sixth form or starting in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm starting in september. What do you want to do at uni? I'm planning to do nursing or midwifery do I might change philosopy and ethics to sociology instead but I'm not sure
Reply 11
Original post by Alicemidgetgem
I'm starting in september. What do you want to do at uni? I'm planning to do nursing or midwifery do I might change philosopy and ethics to sociology instead but I'm not sure

Wow same😱 I want to do children's nursing. Have you thought about any unis you want to go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest