The Student Room Group

A little bit of help

Good afternoon,

I'm looking to self study Economics, though I don't really know where to start... i.e. which exam board to choose?

I looked into studying part time (evening classes) in Manchester but there do not seem to be many options, unless I want to pay a lot of money.

The main reason I'm considering taking Economics at A-level is too boost my profile for the world of business. Finance / the Markets / Business have always been a passion of mine.

Background info: history graduate, working full time as a Paralegal - looking to qualify as a Solicitor.

Regards,

J
Are you specifically looking to gain a qualification in Economics, or are you content with just self-studying it? Khan Academy is extremely informative on Finance/Economics, so if you're just looking to increase your awareness of such matters then I'd definitely check it out - especially as it means you can study it in your own time, whenever you're free, without any commitment.

However, if you're intent on gaining an A-level in the subject, I'd definitely check out some past papers and Specs, as some of the exam boards offer different branches of Economics and test you in different ways (e.g. AQA, I believe, have multiple-choice questions whereas some of the other exam boards do not).

Quick Reply

Latest