The Student Room Group

What does it mean if my boss calls me his "little sausage"?

Just asking for thoughts and opinions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hubleduble
Just asking for thoughts and opinions

Probably means your boss is a bit over familiar. How long have you been there and how well do you know them?
Unprofessional
Dunno, you'd need to ask them really.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One

Probably means your boss is a bit over familiar. How long have you been there and how well do you know them?

I've known my uncle since I was born really. He calls me it often

so was your uncle before your boss? Does it really matter if he has been calling you that all your life and you didn't ask then?
Reply 6
Original post by Kutie Karen

so was your uncle before your boss? Does it really matter if he has been calling you that all your life and you didn't ask then?

He has been calling me it in private professional settings and I am starting to get concerned as I have previously never been called "little sausage" by anyone else in my family

If he's used it privately, and this has continued to work. I'd just speak to him and say you're a bit uncomfortable about it in a work setting. If there are other employees you could say that you feel a bit singled out and your colleagues might think you've getting different treatment.

If he's recently started using it, I'd just politely ask him not to use it as it's a bit much.
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One

If he's used it privately, and this has continued to work. I'd just speak to him and say you're a bit uncomfortable about it in a work setting. If there are other employees you could say that you feel a bit singled out and your colleagues might think you've getting different treatment.

If he's recently started using it, I'd just politely ask him not to use it as it's a bit much.

He calls us all his "little sausages" it isn't just me which is good, it creates a nice community
...sounds kinda made up.
Reply 10
Original post by StriderHort
...sounds kinda made up.

you sound like a hater to me, maybe try helping the poor man first (unless if he likes it)
Original post by LeOoOo0o
you sound like a hater to me, maybe try helping the poor man first (unless if he likes it)

Why bother? they don't want help. - it's almost certainly made up, the way the story keeps progressing in an unlikely fashion should be a clue, not to mention they're now claiming its nice that everyone gets called it, despite saying they don't know what it means...

so yea, sounds made up.
Reply 12

Why bother? they don't want help. - it's almost certainly made up, the way the story keeps progressing in an unlikely fashion should be a clue, not to mention they're now claiming its nice that everyone gets called it, despite saying they don't know what it means...

so yea, sounds made up.

hater alert
Reply 13
...sounds kinda made up.

A bit of a porker maybe?
Well, we either have to believe that they’re a law applicant with no attention to detail, or a troll.

People are allowed to point that out.

Original post by mqb2766
A bit of a porker maybe?

PRSOM
Reply 15
Don't worry I spoke to my dad and he spoke to my uncle it seems to be sorted now I will update tomorrow when I go to work thank you
Original post by LeOoOo0o
hater alert

You say this like I'm supposed to be hurt or something?
Reply 17

You say this like I'm supposed to be hurt or something?

yes, don't tell me it didn't work ☹️☹️☹️
Original post by mqb2766
A bit of a porker maybe?

LOL
Reply 19
Original post by mqb2766
A bit of a porker maybe?

Possibly, but that's the Wurst Käse scenario I guess :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending