The Student Room Group

Met Police DHEP Recruitment 2024

Hey! just wanted to make this thread for anyone applying for the detective scheme for the Met Police. Has anyone heard back?/how is everyone getting with the application process?
Original post by ellieemitchell1
Hey! just wanted to make this thread for anyone applying for the detective scheme for the Met Police. Has anyone heard back?/how is everyone getting with the application process?

Helloo! I have my DC bolt-on booked in Feb, so currently preparing for that. How about yourself?
Original post by Wunderbarr
Helloo! I have my DC bolt-on booked in Feb, so currently preparing for that. How about yourself?

Hey! i’ve only completed the first competency interview and passed just waiting to hear back about the next online assessments. Good luck!
Hi everyone - I'm not sure if anyone will see this but I'm just wondering what degrees you have done? I know it is any degree but I'm just wondering if it is best to do one related to crime etc.??
Reply 4
Original post by avaamaysteer
Hi everyone - I'm not sure if anyone will see this but I'm just wondering what degrees you have done? I know it is any degree but I'm just wondering if it is best to do one related to crime etc.??

It makes no difference in any practical sense. A law degree will help you a little bit, but that's it. Criminology doesn't help you.

My advice would be to take the degree that gives you options outside policing if you have a change of mind or if its only going to be a short career. If you originally intended to read History - don't change that plan because of policing.

Hey there! I have been on some Q&A sessions with serving officers that are part of the process and they said a degree in criminology might help, but it won't be as important as it may seem, since you will learn what you need to know on the job anyway.

Ultimately, like Trinculo said, it doesn't matter which degree you take, so choose or continue the subject you find most interesting - I have an MSc in Physics and would not change it for anything in the world! :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Wunderbarr
Hey, how did this go? - mines next week. Little bit anxious
It was a long process! I'm starting in April
Original post by noname1999

Hi! I found it quite tricky with the timing and starting with the interactive exercise knocked me back a bit, but managed to recover and ended up passing onto the next stage!

We had to sign declarations saying we won't share details of what happened in each exercise, beyond what is shared by the Met. themselves, but I'd advise you to keep your focus on each exercise and don't dwell on the previous one as that is an easy way to trip up and lose time.

It's not supposed to be easy, so if you do come out of it feeling awful, then that's fine as long as you tried your best :smile:
Congratulations, you must be so relieved! How long did it take for you to find out youd passed?
Congratulations, you must be so relieved! How long did it take for you to find out youd passed?

Yeah was mega relieved! They say usually within 3 working days. I did my test on a Friday and heard back the next Tuesday morning.

Best of luck for your test this week! Feel free to DM me...
hey i’m sure a crime degree would help but it’s not necessary i think. I currently do a crime degree and it is helpful!
how did yours go? i have mine tomorrow
Original post by UnknownHarman
It was a long process! I'm starting in April
when did you first apply?
when did you first apply?

It was around last November
Do you guys know if a friend of the family would be considering as a close friend for character reference? They work in a professional capacity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending