The Student Room Group

Opinion on Using Steroids / Performance Enhancers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BKS
Supply is illegal though. Assuming there's not another sense in which you were the source, you sound less sensible in the context of just admitting to doing something illegal on TSR

It was imported outside the EU
Original post by ChrisHarris1
that's the problem

the general ignorance

you need to work things out yourself

all the horror stories, acne etc,

resultant of ignorance

I was referencing the supplying LOL.
Realistically if you're asking for advice on an internet forum, you SHOULD NOT be doing it. I don't think he was asking though, he just saw the level of bull**** threads on fitness and wanted to chime in.
I know several people who are on PED's, nothing special, just test and the odd other here and there. When I see them it does tempt me, but then I do some research and I'm just put off. The short term gains don't outweigh the long terms risks, for me, personally.

Plus my mam would beat the sheeeet out of me if she ever found out.
Original post by redbuthotter
Realistically if you're asking for advice on an internet forum, you SHOULD NOT be doing it. I don't think he was asking though, he just saw the level of bull**** threads on fitness and wanted to chime in.

Well,

I'm always of the mind - educate

If he wants to use is irrelevant
Well,

I'm always of the mind - educate

If he wants to use is irrelevant

Absolutely I agree education and information/truth is important. But I think he was asking for opinions based on emotion and personal values, rather than the science of benefit and risk.

I have no problem with people taking class A's, its your body do whatever you want, I'm a liberal at heart.
Original post by Shellshocker93
I've asked about for research basis mainly. I'm not personally on anything nor plan to be any time soon. But be nice to get a diverse opinion

On top your your already hard workouts -

Would you consider it, if you could control the side effects?
E.g. Good mass cycle, good post cycle.

Or if you're shredding/cutting, taking something that will near guarantee results?

Yes I would if I could control the side effects. Steroids give you the super charger in order to recover quicker, make gains and work out a lot harder.
also TSR mods, the overzealous ones

steroids are legal to use

therefore it's a public service to say such and such is good practice

rather than rely on the guy at the gym or some such

I'm the only person who looks over fitness, so you're addressing me only lol, feels when I'm not a mod though.

I'm happy for this discussion to continue. However explicitly saying you supply. Which is illegal. Won't end well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
I'm the only person who looks over fitness, so you're addressing me only lol, feels when I'm not a mod though.

I'm happy for this discussion to continue. However explicitly saying you supply. Which is illegal. Won't end well

Posted from TSR Mobile

I say nothing

* quickly deletes post *
lol
Not atm, can't say I'd rule it out in the future though as I feel like I'm not very far off my natty genetic potential after having trained for coming on 3 years, yet I'm quite a way off my target physique despite having come far already. I know several steroid users and getting hold of them would be no issue whatsoever, I've also done a tonne of research just out of interest (started out as an interest in the endocrine system, plus an interest in bodybuilding, naturally the two interests crossed paths haha) and probably know more about P/IEDs than a lot of the people who take them :lol:

I say nothing

* quickly deletes post *

Too late mate, no doubt you'll start getting PMs all over the place from new members looking to score some gear now though :biggrin:
Original post by WoodyMKC
and probably know more about P/IEDs than a lot of the people who take them :lol:

I doubt it woody

your comment on not being far from natty potential is misinformed and one of the issues I have with some of the view points of certain people

By that.

A lot of people take the position that;

" I will possibly/only take PEDs when I reach my natural potential"

If you wait until that point, which won't be until you're at least 10 years continuous in

you'll limit your overall geared potential

moreoever, as someone said before, for a lot of people (myself included) it's better to look awesome when you're approx 25 than 35

also you NEVER look as good, even for the same bodyweight/bodyfat level

there's a certain level of density that can only be achieved by PED

additionally, I'd say it's more important to be on when dieting, look at natural (truly natural competitors) in the off-season vs in-season , you lose a lot of muscle-mass natural dieting, no matter how slowly you do it

whereas with gear, you can sometimes even 'diet up'
I doubt it woody

your comment on not being far from natty potential is misinformed and one of the issues I have with some of the view points of certain people

By that.

A lot of people take the position that;

" I will possibly/only take PEDs when I reach my natural potential"

If you wait until that point, which won't be until you're at least 10 years continuous in

you'll limit your overall geared potential

moreoever, as someone said before, for a lot of people (myself included) it's better to look awesome when you're approx 25 than 35

also you NEVER look as good, even for the same bodyweight/bodyfat level

there's a certain level of density that can only be achieved by PED

additionally, I'd say it's more important to be on when dieting, look at natural (truly natural competitors) in the off-season vs in-season , you lose a lot of muscle-mass natural dieting, no matter how slowly you do it

whereas with gear, you can sometimes even 'diet up'

Seems you've completely misunderstood what I've said, mate. Yep, I said I'm not that far off my natural potential, but that's all I said. I'm 6'2'', 200lbs around 15% bodyfat atm (not an overestimation, I'm very aware of what lifters of my level would look like at certain bodyfat levels), so while there's still some way to go until I truly hit that natty potential, it's gonna be a very slow process from here on in.
Never once said I'm going to keep training until I truly reach my natty potential, just that I'm not planning on juicing at this moment in time.
I said I'd never rule out juicing in the future as I know that my goal physique is well out of reach otherwise (I'd like to be about 220lbs 7-8% bodyfat) - I'm fully aware that the kind of fullness and density whilst being lean that I'm after isn't possible without being "on".

I've read a lot, talked to a lot of guys, done a tonne of research on everything from steroids to thyroid drugs to peptides to SARMs, you name it - truth is, the majority of fellas taking steroids don't know their arse from their elbow, they've just read a few forum posts as to what sort of doses they should be taking and just know the basics to get along, if that. Not saying everyone of course, but more often than not this is sadly the case, and I know I plan on using in the future (whenever that may be) and I want to know everything I can before I even make my first purchase, and I honestly believe my knowledge of PEDs puts that of the average user to shame.
(edited 8 years ago)
Seems you've completely misunderstood what I've said, mate. Yep, I said I'm not that far off my natural potential, but that's all I said. I'm 6'2'', 200lbs around 15% bodyfat atm (not an overestimation, I'm very aware of what lifters of my level would look like at certain bodyfat levels), so while there's still some way to go until I truly hit that natty potential, it's gonna be a very slow process from here on in.
Never once said I'm going to keep training until I truly reach my natty potential, just that I'm not planning on juicing at this moment in time.
I said I'd never rule out juicing in the future as I know that my goal physique is well out of reach otherwise (I'd like to be about 220lbs 7-8% bodyfat) - I'm fully aware that the kind of fullness and density whilst being lean that I'm after isn't possible without being "on".

I've read a lot, talked to a lot of guys, done a tonne of research on everything from steroids to thyroid drugs to peptides to SARMs, you name it - truth is, the majority of fellas taking steroids don't know their arse from their elbow, they've just read a few forum posts as to what sort of doses they should be taking and just know the basics to get along, if that. Not saying everyone of course, but more often than not this is sadly the case, and I know I plan on using in the future (whenever that may be) and I want to know everything I can before I even make my first purchase, and I honestly believe my knowledge of PEDs puts that of the average user to shame.

On a personal note, if you know that's your goal and you know you need to juice to get there, why wait?
On a personal note, if you know that's your goal and you know you need to juice to get there, why wait?

Personal circumstances aren't right, financially I wouldn't have a problem but short story is, I can't commit 100% to being consistent with my training at this moment in time, so it'd be a waste of my time and money. If I'm gonna start a cycle I wanna milk it for every gain I can get, so I'm waiting until the time is right.
You misunderstand me too lol

I quoted you

Then spoke in the abstract
the majority of fellas taking steroids don't know their arse from their elbow, they've just read a few forum posts as to what sort of doses they should be taking and just know the basics to get along, if that. Not saying everyone of course, but more often than not this is sadly the case, and I know I plan on using in the future (whenever that may be) and I want to know everything I can before I even make my first purchase, and I honestly believe my knowledge of PEDs puts that of the average user to shame.

^^
Personal circumstances aren't right, financially I wouldn't have a problem but short story is, I can't commit 100% to being consistent with my training at this moment in time, so it'd be a waste of my time and money. If I'm gonna start a cycle I wanna milk it for every gain I can get, so I'm waiting until the time is right.

Good answer, does the drug addiction and lifestyle side worry you at all? In the fact that this isn't like smoking a joint once every few weeks, feasibly it's going to be anywhere from 25%-100% of the rest of your life.
Good answer, does the drug addiction and lifestyle side worry you at all? In the fact that this isn't like smoking a joint once every few weeks, feasibly it's going to be anywhere from 25%-100% of the rest of your life.

Not too much. My natural testosterone levels are seriously on the way down anyway so there's nothing worth saving there. I've had a bunch of different folks at the couple of gyms I go to who have been into their bodybuilding for a decade or more telling me I've got great genetic potential and I'd love to compete in the future health permitting, it's obviously a bit of a pipe dream atm but I've decided that when it's feasible I'd like to commit to it as a sport. I know that there are risks involved with steroids, but then there are risks involved with many sports, be it risk of permanent injury or even death, and chances are being a bodybuilder on steroids is gonna be safer than many of the sports I'm referring to.
Not too much. My natural testosterone levels are seriously on the way down anyway so there's nothing worth saving there. I've had a bunch of different folks at the couple of gyms I go to who have been into their bodybuilding for a decade or more telling me I've got great genetic potential and I'd love to compete in the future health permitting, it's obviously a bit of a pipe dream atm but I've decided that when it's feasible I'd like to commit to it as a sport. I know that there are risks involved with steroids, but then there are risks involved with many sports, be it risk of permanent injury or even death, and chances are being a bodybuilder on steroids is gonna be safer than many of the sports I'm referring to.

Fair enough brah, tbh risk appetite is very individual and its no ones right to criticize someone else's risk appetite (if it only effects you personally).

Would you be prepared to take pro doses if it came to it?

Quick Reply

Latest