The Student Room Group

How long does it take for a Uni to respond to clearing choice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FADH2
Great,No I didn't lie to them,why should I?
The point that worried me is that they didn't ask for each unit grade.Can they change their mind when they see every unit grades?Am I over reacting ?

I don't think universities ever see the individual unit grades. Even so, I'm about 99.99% sure it wouldn't make a difference :smile:
Reply 21
Update: confirmation came through! Thanks for easing my nerves
Reply 22
Original post by Mellyx
I'm a bit worried. I received a verbal offer and the lecturer assured me that I should get a confirmation email within 2 hours of his phone call telling me how to enter the clearing details. 5pm came along and I looked in both my junk mail and inbox but nothing was there so I entered it using the details he gave me over the phone. I called admissions again asking about the confirmation email and UCAS update and they told me to wait until tomorrow or call again. I'm getting anxious because their entry requirements are slightly higher than my grades and I made up for it using the ucas points for my AS and extra qualifications :frown:

That happened with me and it turned out someone just forgot to send a confirmation email. You're best off calling the university up again. When I did and they sent it within minutes
I've only emailed the university back and forth and she said that my grades meet the requirements for the programme. It was originally A*AA, but I've got AAB and they now want ABB to get in through clearing. She told me to apply through UCAS, so I did and now the last email she's sent me is wishing me luck in my application. Did I just screw up big time?
Original post by Ecosse_14
Keep us updated! :h:

I got accepted! Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Ice Dragon
I got accepted! Thanks :biggrin:

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 26
If I accepted a course related to my original chosen course and then after a while switch to the course I originally wanted to go, would they still consider my A levels? Or the grades I had in the course? How does it work?

I really do want to go to my firm choice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending