The Student Room Group

Relationship advice

I am happily married for 7 years.But before me and my husband was exclusive I slept with someone else for one night stand.
I can't get over my guilt but won't tell him as well as it will hurt him.i am trying so hard to forget and I love my husband madly and he does love me a lot.i don't know what to do?
Reply 1
It was on our 4th date.and I seen one night stand someone else.And on our 6th date we (me and my husband was official) exclusive
As long as you have not lied, there is no reason for you to be feeling guilty about your past as a single girl and consensual sexual history. :smile:

Your husband probably has exes from the days before he was married to you.
Focus on your future ambitions, not the past.
Good luck!
It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong "technically speaking", although I don't tend to like it when people get 'technical' about these things. If a woman I'm dating claims and acts like she's interested in me, then decides to sleep with another guy, fine it's her choice... but I normally then take it as a sign that she's not actually all that interested in me after all, and I just feel mucked about and even lied to. It's not a good feeling. I make my values and boundaries on these things quite clear from the outset, and that if someone is into this type of stuff then they should probably stay clear of me.

I quite seriously dislike how our culture and some people today downplays things like this in favour of the YOLO "you do you boo boo" attitude. These people are idiots. I hope they don't poke their nose into this thread, and if they do then you shouldn't listen to them.

Listen to your own conscience. If it feels wrong, then it probably was wrong, especially if it is bothering you so many years afterwards. You should get it off your chest and tell him, so you can stop thinking about it so much. Although it might hurt him, I doubt it will break your relationship if there is no history of infidelity between you two. If he's a good partner, he should also respond with some empathy and understanding towards how much this has been bothering you. He might also disclose a few details from back then that might hurt you as well in the short term. But if you can both accept these imperfections in one another, then it should in theory strengthen your relationship even more.

None of what I said above implies that you're a bad person, but it does sound like you made a mistake judging by how much you regret what you did.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending