The Student Room Group

Chossing the right university!

Hello, I am currently a grade 12 student in the International Baccalaureate program. I want to go study aeronautical/aerospace engineering in higher education in the future and have been considering not only Imperial College London, but also University of Michigan and even TU Delft. But, Imperial College London would be my first choice if I get in.
My first question is: TU Delft is largely unknown in the place I live in but upon some research, it looks like a good university. Does it actually have a similar level of reputation as Imperial College London? Do you think it will be worth going? Second, my current grades so far are...
Higher Levels : Economics 6 Physics 6 Chemistry 7 Math 7 Standard Levels: English 7 Chinese 6 I think my English grade will probably fall to 6, but I think I may be able to bring Physics or Economics up to 7 by September or October.
If so, do you think I'll have a good chance of getting accepted at Imperial? I don't have that much extracurricular activities that I did that are much related to aeronautical engineering, which worries me lots, because so far all the personal statements I have read have included relevant work experiences.
Thanks for your help!
Reply 1
Hi there 😃

It's great to see you're already planning your future in higher education, and on such an exciting career path. Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering are fantastic courses to enrol on, with some brilliant opportunities for progression!

If you're already considering studying in the UK, although Imperial College London is a great university, it shouldn't be your only choice. At Coventry University we offer a comprehensive Aerospace Systems Engineering degree with fantastic career opportunities and accreditation from the Royal Aeronautical Society.

With this accredited course you'll also be studying at the Top Modern University in the UK for Personal Development, Academic Support and Organisation & Management, as well as being voted 'Leading Modern University' for our standard of teaching.

Coventry University's Engineering department also boasts an incredible £55 million faculty building, with fantastic facilities such as a Harrier Jump Jet, working wind tunnel and multiple flight simulators, all used by students during their degree studies. However, your studies won't just take part on campus. Our courses also offer fantastic work experience opportunities as well, and our No Hidden Extra's policy will ensure you have everything you need to complete your studies.

At Coventry we're proud of our ambitions and those of our students, whatever career path you choose to pave Coventry University will be able to help you begin your journey. There are so many reasons to choose us, but instead of me telling you myself, our 7 Reasons to study at CU video will give you a better idea:

[video="youtube;nJsghZlvPx4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJsghZlvPx4[/video]

Wherever you choose to study, you will hopefully have a fantastic experience, and one that will shape your future. If you would like to find out more about studying at CU please feel free to get in contact here: 024 7765 2222 📞 Or you can visit our website here.

Thank you for your time and good luck with your current studies 👍

^James 😃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending