The Student Room Group

Is it too late to change module?

I'm in my second year of university and I study law. I chose Human Rights over Intellectual Property and it's the second week of teaching, I'm wondering if it's too late to change module and I'm not sure who I would need to get into contact with.

University of Salford
Reply 1
Most places give you until the end of week 2. Talk to the relevant admin people and they can better advise.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm in my second year of university and I study law. I chose Human Rights over Intellectual Property and it's the second week of teaching, I'm wondering if it's too late to change module and I'm not sure who I would need to get into contact with.

University of Salford

Hi there,

It can differ between universities, so I would get in contact with module leaders, head of the department, your personal tutor, and/or other relevant subject staff. Contacting your personal tutor first would be a good idea, as they can help to point you in the right direction from there.

If you are still able to, they can help you to switch modules.

Best of luck,

Isabella
Third-year Geography with a Year Abroad Student

University of Salford

HI there!

I would suggest to talk to your tutors or module leaders about this as they will have the best advice to give you about this.

If you have an academic advisor too then they may be able to help you and talk you through this to see if this is the best thing for you. They may also be able to tell you what is involved in the module that you would swap to and see if you are actually interested in this more than the one you are doing right now.

I hope this helps,

Lucy -SHU student ambassador.

University of Salford

Hello,

In regards to changing a module on your course, the first person I would contact is your personal tutor or module leader of the course to inform them that you would like to leave the course. The only thing that may stop you is current capacity on the module you want to switch to, or if the tutors feel like you have already missed too much work.

If you need further assistance on this please feel free to contact our course enquiries team to ask for further information on the process.

Best wishes,
Matt ~ University of Salford Rep
Reply 5
All a module leader will do is say 'ok, speak to the admins'.

University of Salford

Hi there

I think this really depends on the University. I would recommend getting in touch with your Law School's support team. They will be in the best position to advise you or direct you to the right team.

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending