The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Chat Thread Mark I 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

FAir enough not just me haha
I'm never going to get into Cardiff 😭 I can't remember anything and I'm beginning to think whether I should leave and just get a job tbh
Hello everyone? How is year 13?
Probably did these ages ago, but never mind.
1) Chem, maths, physics.
2) AAA. I'd like to get an A*, but I don't need it for the uni I'm planning on firming, so not gonna stress about it.
3) Don't want to specify uni, but to study physics.
4) ?????
5) Probably not, I'd try to get an engineering apprenticeship or go through clearing (depends what you mean by failing though).
6) Idk, I really like languages.
7) Cba, but doing OCR Chem A (resitting F322), AQA Physics A, and OCR Maths (not MEI though).
Original post by Roxy1331
Hello everyone? How is year 13?

Lool, dont remind me!!! -.- I dont know where I was this whole academic year :colonhash: Summer countdown has begun LOL:rofl:
Original post by FemaleBo55
Lool, dont remind me!!! -.- I dont know where I was this whole academic year :colonhash: Summer countdown has begun LOL:rofl:

Lol... Same here. Just started revision this break. :biggrin:
Hi everyone

I hope you're all well and your revision is on track, I'm just popping in to let you know about a little competition we're running as part of our English Festival It's a short story competition so you can all improve your concise writing for exams Plus, there's prizes!

- The person who writes the best overall story will win a £25 Book Voucher.
- The person who comes up with the best original idea will win a £10 Book Voucher.
- Everyone who submits a story will also have the chance to win a £10 Book Voucher, which will be randomly selected.

You can find more information here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3991411

To submit your entry, you'll need to post a new thread in the English Forum (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82), with the title of the thread as the title of your story. Then, post the link to the announcement thread (which I've linked above) to make your entry official!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any of the other Study Help Support Team Members.

Good luck!
Constantly worrying I haven't done enough revision :frown:
Tsarist Russia (HIS1H?), Modern Britain (HIS3M)
Psych A unit 1 (PSYA1) and units 3 and 4 (PSYA3/4) (Aggression, Relationships and Gender and then Schizophrenia and Addiction)
Sociology 3 and 4 (SCLY3/4) Media and Crime and Deviance
Does anyone have any tips revising for these particularly, or any good resources? I've completely forgotten how I revised last year and what was effective and feel like there's so much pressure, nothing's going in!:laugh:
History and English Lang Lit!
Hoping for at least BBC
I am hoping to study History at Aberystwyth!
I would love to become a historian, work in a museum or become a passionate Archaeologist!
I would definitely not resit.
I have a dog named fudge.
My exams are: 25th May, AS British History resit, absolutely gutted because it's my last day of school. 10th June Overall History exam 17th June, English Lang Lit exam. They're all WJEC.
Original post by smegsxo
Constantly worrying I haven't done enough revision :frown:
Tsarist Russia (HIS1H?), Modern Britain (HIS3M)
Psych A unit 1 (PSYA1) and units 3 and 4 (PSYA3/4) (Aggression, Relationships and Gender and then Schizophrenia and Addiction)
Sociology 3 and 4 (SCLY3/4) Media and Crime and Deviance
Does anyone have any tips revising for these particularly, or any good resources? I've completely forgotten how I revised last year and what was effective and feel like there's so much pressure, nothing's going in!:laugh:

Here's what I found for HIS1H: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21APU1YE07dfxKthk&id=DAA916CB8AB52178%2118307&cid=DAA916CB8AB52178
A2 OCR B Chemistry coursework has seriously ****ed up my easter revision - gonna have to do so much catch up lol
Original post by Fangedbeast
A2 OCR B Chemistry coursework has seriously ****ed up my easter revision - gonna have to do so much catch up lol

I'm on OCR B as well and the coursework has been the bane of my existence for the last few weeks... I've got completely different trends to what the previous people who did the same experiment got :eek: Plus my school wants it completely finished by this week... and that hasn't happened :colondollar:
Original post by EmyJ14
I'm on OCR B as well and the coursework has been the bane of my existence for the last few weeks... I've got completely different trends to what the previous people who did the same experiment got :eek: Plus my school wants it completely finished by this week... and that hasn't happened :colondollar:

I think as long as you analyse the data correctly then it's fine to get the wrong answer, you could cross-check results in the evaluations section and then suggest reasons why your trend was different and then suggest solutions I guess

My evaluations and analysis section was due today - most likely going to hand it in tomorrow :colondollar:
Original post by Fangedbeast
I think as long as you analyse the data correctly then it's fine to get the wrong answer, you could cross-check results in the evaluations section and then suggest reasons why your trend was different and then suggest solutions I guess

My evaluations and analysis section was due today - most likely going to hand it in tomorrow :colondollar:

Yeah, I'm hoping that will be the case! I just need to figure out why exactly my trend was different xD
Anyone else dreading the Results Day thread that will be appearing soon? :frown: (I think it was mid-May last year)
Reply 1076
Original post by emiloujess
Anyone else dreading the Results Day thread that will be appearing soon? :frown: (I think it was mid-May last year)

What thread???
Original post by Aph
What thread???

The massive RD thread last year? With everyone panicking? This year's one will probably appear soon :frown:

Also, hi! Haven't 'spoke' to you in ages!
Reply 1078
The massive RD thread last year? With everyone panicking? This year's one will probably appear soon :frown:

Also, hi! Haven't 'spoke' to you in ages!

I honestly don't remember!!!!

Hi!!! I've been around, just haven't traveled I the same circles I guess.

I was thinking of sneaking in and trying to make it, not sure when it is appropriate to :s-smilie:

It's great fun :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest