The Student Room Group

Ocr mei unofficial markscheme a level (paper 1 2023)

collate final answers here, based off general answers in other threads:

Page 1
Projected vertically: t = 1.05 and t = 0.584s.
Partial Fractions
integrate: 2/5x^5 + 2/5x^5/2 + c
Lamina: 0.735N, resultant force clockwise
Differentiate and proof of max points: max points had x values of 2 and -2, with d2y/dx2 of -8 and therefore maximum

Page 2
Proof of Tan (root 3 root 2 etc): 7/24 pi and 31/24 pi

Page 3
Distance between 2 points: 6root10
Boy running after bus: 12.15m 135 total distance
Acceleration of sphere on triangle: 0.461 m/s^2

Page 4
rewrite a-bcos2x: a= 2 b=0.5 period= pi, intersection (x values) = 0.421, 2.721, 3.562, 5.863
Sunflower a= -194 b= 88.8

page 5
vectors: weight: 0i -2gj
e^x gradient of 3

Page 6
Log arithmetic sequences: 50log10/20 + 1125
Proof of 2u^2cosxsinx/g etc: proof and 76<theta<90
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

1. i used suvat with s=3, u = 8, a = -9.8, t = ? then solving that i got t = 1.05 and t = 0.584s.
2. cannot remember, i know my answer was right coz i checked on the calculator, i think the top numbers of the fractions were 2 and 3? dk tho
3. 2/5x^5 + 2/5x^5/2 + c
4. i think the answer is 0.735N from looking on the other thread. i got 7.35N because i did some dodgy decimal converting clearly
5. i can't remember my answer to this but i think it was a pretty easy question to know if u got right bc u can just draw the graph on the calc. i think as above the two points were supposed to be 2 and -2 and when i put them into d^2/dx^2 i got -8 both times so they're both maximum.
6. this was a show question so the answers already on the paper.
7. i think i got 7/24 pi and 31/24 pi which i checked on the calculator (im not 100% sure that answer was for this question i can't remember)
8. as most people have said, i think 6 root 10 is right. that's what i got.
9. the bus question was awful. i drew the velocity time graph as the boy running up to the speed six and then just a straight line. cannot help with any other answers to that question!
10. yep, acceleration = 0.462.
11. can't remember what a was but b was defo 0.5. the period was pi, and then i can't remember what the answers were to the equation to solve. for some reason 2.72 is in my brain as one of the answers but i might have made that up.
12. sunflower one a = -194.5. the rate of change answer i put 29.6 days or somethng
13. i messed this one up coz i didn't include weight in any of my calculations so dumb
14. the first two e^x questions were both showing stuff so pretty easy to know if u got right. the integration one on that i think i got that when x = 1, y = -0.81 or something so that shows its below x axis.
15. first one was show that was just showing log1010 = 1. then the sequence is arithmetic bc u add 1 or log1010 each time. the last one i can't remember i think i did something like 50log10/20 + 1125 but idk.
16. first one was just a show question, second one i put theta bigger than 76 but apparently the answer also includes a 90 coz its acute and i didn't read the question slay

these are just my answers could be totally wrong. also i put 6 and 7 as being different questions even tho they're the same question just different parts i cba to change every number now
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by isobelmitchlel
1. i used suvat with s=3, u = 8, a = -9.8, t = ? then solving that i got t = 1.05 and t = 0.584s.
2. cannot remember, i know my answer was right coz i checked on the calculator, i think the top numbers of the fractions were 2 and 3? dk tho
3. 2/5x^5 + 2/5x^5/2 + c
4. i think the answer is 0.735N from looking on the other thread. i got 7.35N because i did some dodgy decimal converting clearly
5. i can't remember my answer to this but i think it was a pretty easy question to know if u got right bc u can just draw the graph on the calc. i think as above the two points were supposed to be 2 and -2 and when i put them into d^2/dx^2 i got -8 both times so they're both maximum.
7. i think i got 7/24 pi and 31/24 pi which i checked on the calculator (im not 100% sure that answer was for this question i can't remember)
9. the bus question was awful. i drew the velocity time graph as the boy running up to the speed six and then just a straight line. cannot help with any other answers to that question!
11. can't remember what a was but b was defo 0.5. the period was pi, and then i can't remember what the answers were to the equation to solve. for some reason 2.72 is in my brain as one of the answers but i might have made that up.
12. sunflower one a = -194.5. the rate of change answer i put 29.6 days or somethng
13. i messed this one up coz i didn't include weight in any of my calculations so dumb
14. the first two e^x questions were both showing stuff so pretty easy to know if u got right. the integration one on that i think i got that when x = 1, y = -0.81 or something so that shows its below x axis.
15. first one was show that was just showing log1010 = 1. then the sequence is arithmetic bc u add 1 or log1010 each time. the last one i can't remember i think i did something like 50log10/20 + 1125 but idk.
16. first one was just a show question, second one i put theta bigger than 76 but apparently the answer also includes a 90 coz its acute and i didn't read the question slay

these are just my answers could be totally wrong. also i put 6 and 7 as being different questions even tho they're the same question just different parts i cba to change every number now

Made the exact same mistakes on 13 and 16 haha
Reply 3
3. 2/5x^5 + 2/5x^5/2 + c

for 13 i put weight as positive not negative
😭 most of that looks really good though 👍
Reply 4
Original post by rrrosiegh
for 13 i put weight as positive not negative
😭 most of that looks really good though 👍

Yeah it's a trick question, and it's a pain cuz u need to use it for all the next questions so I think u lose accuracy marks for every single one after that
Original post by malymole1
Yeah it's a trick question, and it's a pain cuz u need to use it for all the next questions so I think u lose accuracy marks for every single one after that

usually i would be fuming about my dumb mistake but the paper was so much better than any past paper I've ever done that im just grateful to ocr. i stg if the stats and comp are impossibly hard now im gonna be so mad.
Reply 6

yeah i was thinking that, i had a look at a few past mark schemes and quite a few have A1FT, so even if your answer is wrong, as long as you used it in the correct manner then its a follow through mark, depends on the question though i suppose
Reply 7
3. 2/5x^5 + 2/5x^5/2 + c

also wasnt the integration question 24x^4 or am i making that up (within the initial equation given) rather than 2x^4
Reply 8
usually i would be fuming about my dumb mistake but the paper was so much better than any past paper I've ever done that im just grateful to ocr. i stg if the stats and comp are impossibly hard now im gonna be so mad.

Yeah stats paper is usually harder. In 2019 for an A* it was 84% paper 1, and 73% paper 2
also wasnt the integration question 24x^4 or am i making that up (within the initial equation given) rather than 2x^4

omg was it?! i definitely did not see that on my paper but maybe i misread it oh dear
Reply 10

nah it was 100% 2x^4 rip
Reply 11
omg was it?! i definitely did not see that on my paper but maybe i misread it oh dear

no, no, honestly me memory is so bad for exams it was most likely 2x^4!!
Reply 12
nah it was 100% 2x^4 rip

lets just hope i read it right in the exam 😂😭
nah it was 100% 2x^4 rip

phew i panicked there
Reply 14
For the one with the total distance the boy ran, I stupidly did it so the boy was accelerating the whole way. Was this question out of 3 marks? U guys reckon I got 1 mark?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 15
leading on from the vectors question on page 5, does anyone remember what their answers for the acceleration and then the final velocity were?
Reply 16
For the one with the total distance the boy ran, I stupidly did it so the boy was accelerating the whole way. Was this question out of 3 marks? U guys reckon I got 1 mark?

im sure you did. Don’t want to be that person, but it’s not healthy to stress about this exam. It’s already over so we can only do our best for the next one
if I get like 50 in this but 70 in stats and 60/75 in the next du think it'll be enough for the A
Original post by sixthformapp
if I get like 50 in this but 70 in stats and 60/75 in the next du think it'll be enough for the A

yeah should be - that adds up to around 180 which is 2 marks above the 2019 grade boundaries. they're trying to bring the grade boundaries up because they were so low in 2022 but i still think they'll be lowered by a couple of marks - i don't think they'd go from 2022 grade boundaries straight to 2019 grade boundaries because its such a big difference. im thinking, depending on what stats and mech are like, should be 175ish for an A.
collate final answers here, based of general answers in other threads:

Page 1
Projected vertically: t = 1.05 and t = 0.584s.
Partial fractions: 7/(x-5) - 4/(x-3)
integrate: 2/5x^5 + 2/5x^5/2 + c
Lamina: 0.735N, resultant force clockwise
Differentiate and proof of max points: max points had x values of 2 and -2, with d2y/dx2 of -8 and therefore maximum

Page 2
Proof of Tan (root 3 root 2 etc)

Page 3
Distance between 2 points: 6root10
Boy running after bus: 12.15m 135 total distance
Acceleration of sphere on triangle: 0.461 m/s^2

Page 4
rewrite a-bcos2x: a= 2 b=0.5 period= pi, intersection (x values) = 0.421, 2.721, 3.562, 5.863
Sunflower a= -194 b= 88.8

page 5
vectors: weight: 0i -2gj
e^x gradient of 3

Page 6
Log arithmetic sequences
Proof of 2u^2cosxsinx/g etc: proof and 76<theta<90

hey since you've updated this i think the partial fractions answer is wrong - i specifically remember the equation at the bottom of the fraction being x^2 - x -12 which simplified to (x+3)(x-4) those values of (x-5)(x-3) don't make that. i might be imagining things but idk.

also did everyone get 4 values for the page 4 trig question? i only put the first two...did i miss out those other values? that seems like a lot of answers for only 2 marks.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending