The Student Room Group

HELP with a few questions!

Just got a couple of questions (even if they're really stupid) just need to confirm with someone

1. I got my unconditional firm offer (course was amended to something slightly different) and i was emailed by some from LJMU saying I must go and accept it on ucas, but I literally can't find an accept button anywhere. I asked ucas and they said that since its unconditional its all good and I'm in.

2. If thats the case and I'm sorted now, do I just wait? And when do I get course details such as timetables etc..?

3. Quick question about the halls. I've requested for Liberty Atlantic Point a few days ago and was just wondering what happens next, will I get a letter/email or something when I'm in. Also, do I choose which date I want to start living there?

4. Another thing about the halls. What are they like for strictness? Like could you have a few mates over for drinks etc... or is it strictly forbidden to just the person living there?

Any help would be appreciated! I'm moving over from Ireland so I just want to be as prepared as possible for heading there. Thanks!
Original post by emcardle660
Just got a couple of questions (even if they're really stupid) just need to confirm with someone

1. I got my unconditional firm offer (course was amended to something slightly different) and i was emailed by some from LJMU saying I must go and accept it on ucas, but I literally can't find an accept button anywhere. I asked ucas and they said that since its unconditional its all good and I'm in.

Unless theres a letter on your ucas saying you have to do something then no worries just keep an eye on your email.

2. If thats the case and I'm sorted now, do I just wait? And when do I get course details such as timetables etc..?
It varies between unis but you should get an induction pack and log in in the next couple of weeks i recon:smile:

3. Quick question about the halls. I've requested for Liberty Atlantic Point a few days ago and was just wondering what happens next, will I get a letter/email or something when I'm in. Also, do I choose which date I want to start living there?
Most halls will give you a weekend to move in over so you dont always get to choose but if you need to move in earlier for any reason give them a call and hopefully they can arrange something.

4. Another thing about the halls. What are they like for strictness? Like could you have a few mates over for drinks etc... or is it strictly forbidden to just the person living there?
I ve never heard of a hall that doesn't let you have people round for drinks or anything as long as you dont make a mess and no one causes any nuisance :smile:

Any help would be appreciated! I'm moving over from Ireland so I just want to be as prepared as possible for heading there. Thanks!

Hope that helps, check out the LJMU section and you might find your fellow freshers there:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Hope that helps, check out the LJMU section and you might find your fellow freshers there:smile:

Brilliant! Thank you that was very helpful :smile:
Original post by emcardle660

Hello,

1/2. If that's what UCAS have said then yes, you should be okay. You can always ring up your university to be sure? You just wait and everything will come through very shortly! Either post/email - however they contact you.

3. I don't go to the university you're applying so I'm not overly sure how their accommodation works but at some point you will get a letter/email saying whether you've got a place in their accommodation or not and then they will give you all the details from there.

4. It depends on the halls really. Anyone can come in halls really - as long as they have access but you're allowed to bring anyone into halls. There is no strictness on that - there wasn't for mine anyway. They may own the halls but you live there and you treat it as home. People can come in and out as they want, stay over and what not. For us one of the main rules was that around 11 music and chatter had to start lowering the volume, not turn off, just lower. If things were too loud there was a number to ring and the campus security would come and check it out.
Reply 4
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello,

1/2. If that's what UCAS have said then yes, you should be okay. You can always ring up your university to be sure? You just wait and everything will come through very shortly! Either post/email - however they contact you.

3. I don't go to the university you're applying so I'm not overly sure how their accommodation works but at some point you will get a letter/email saying whether you've got a place in their accommodation or not and then they will give you all the details from there.

4. It depends on the halls really. Anyone can come in halls really - as long as they have access but you're allowed to bring anyone into halls. There is no strictness on that - there wasn't for mine anyway. They may own the halls but you live there and you treat it as home. People can come in and out as they want, stay over and what not. For us one of the main rules was that around 11 music and chatter had to start lowering the volume, not turn off, just lower. If things were too loud there was a number to ring and the campus security would come and check it out.

thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending