The Student Room Group

Sociology A level help !!

Hi everyone, I have been doing sociology privately (AQA) and therefore have been self taught. i am also taking psychology for a level so i thought it would be the same but since i haven't sat any exams or done any past paper questions etc. Im not sure if I'll do well on the actual exam even though im predicted an A . can anyone help me out with useful resources, tips and advice, maybe notes as well since i have alot of gaps in my knowledge especially with the media topic and crime and deviance. It would also help a lot if anyone could let me know the key studies and researchers I need to know. Thank you !!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Kuchhnahi
Hi everyone, I have been doing sociology privately (AQA) and therefore have been self taught. i am also taking psychology for a level so i thought it would be the same but since i haven't sat any exams or done any past paper questions etc. Im not sure if I'll do well on the actual exam even though im predicted an A . can anyone help me out with useful resources, tips and advice, maybe notes as well since i have alot of gaps in my knowledge especially with the media topic and crime and deviance. It would also help a lot if anyone could let me know the key studies and researchers I need to know. Thank you !!

I AM IN THE EXACT SAME BOAT. im sitting sociology privately and retaking biology. bio is okay as ive done it before but socio is all new and im freaking out, did u find anything
Reply 2
Original post by allyacademics
I AM IN THE EXACT SAME BOAT. im sitting sociology privately and retaking biology. bio is okay as ive done it before but socio is all new and im freaking out, did u find anything

Bro same the exams are so soon and I can’t even answer any past paper questions 😭. A few things but idk if they’re as good as actual notes. Do you have anything? Maybe we can combine our notes together ?
Reply 3
Hi, I took A level sociology last year and got an A* so hopefully I can help you. Ive got a few of my old notes and there’s lots of practice questions/ essays with the answers i wrote too. Let me know what topics you need and I can try find them.
Reply 4
Original post by Hmsck
Hi, I took A level sociology last year and got an A* so hopefully I can help you. Ive got a few of my old notes and there’s lots of practice questions/ essays with the answers i wrote too. Let me know what topics you need and I can try find them.

Ahhhh that would be very helpful thank you!! . Currently I’m struggling with notes on media, crime and deviance and also education so if you have anything for that it would be great!
Reply 5
Original post by Kuchhnahi

As long as you know what has happened in studies and research, you do not need to know the researcher's name

past papers

mark schemes

take past questions and change them e.g. if a question is on feminism you can change it to marxism and functionalism

Tutor2U videos

Quizlet or paper revision cards

PEEEL paragraphs for essays

most common mistakes on 4 mark questions is people re-using the same point twice

Quick Reply

Latest