The Student Room Group

Most Unattractive British Accents

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not even read the link but I'm going to vote on brum.
I think a light Liverpudlian accent is endearing though I imagine most people were thinking of a very strong accent when voting in the poll

Surprised at the brum position tbh
Reply 3
Anyone with a yorkshire accent is thick. So i guess that one ahhhhahhahahhahahahah
Reply 4
Original post by Jack1963
Anyone with a yorkshire accent is thick. So i guess that one ahhhhahhahahhahahahah

Excuse me? All my life I have had to deal with that huge misconception. As soon as I speak I am judged as thick, just because I have a Yorkshire accent. Surprising how quickly a point of view can change when you outsmart the pompous, stuck up tossers though.
Reply 5
Original post by ExRN
Excuse me? All my life I have had to deal with that huge misconception. As soon as I speak I am judged as thick, just because I have a Yorkshire accent. Surprising how quickly a point of view can change when you outsmart the pompous, stuck up tossers though.

Sorry its the drugs that make me say things.
(edited 8 years ago)
Scouse. Unquestionably.
geordie
Original post by ExRN

Yorkshire accent is mint, but South Yorks/Barnsley is pretty awful. West is best :cool:
Reply 9
Original post by TornadoGR4
Yorkshire accent is mint, but South Yorks/Barnsley is pretty awful. West is best :cool:

Narrowing it down to my hometown is not really helping here dude lol!!!
Original post by ExRN
Narrowing it down to my hometown is not really helping here dude lol!!!

Haha! It's probably not all bad, I just knew someone with a horrific accent, right nasally. Was probably his voice more than anything though
Reply 11
Sorry its the drugs that make me say things.

What are you talking about? You quite openly insulted people from Yorkshire. Not even based on our accent but instead you generalised and said that people from Yorkshire are thick so its that one.
No matter what state of mind I was in, I would never go out of my way to insult such a large group of people. You must have lost the plot more than me my friend!!
I'm from Birmingham and personally hate the brummy accent. My accent isn't nearly as strong as most people in Birmingham (which makes me happy). I don't know why it grates on me so much, but it does

Posted from TSR Mobile

oiii
Reply 14
geordie, scouse, welsh, scottish, etc and irish if they can't pronounce "th"
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by TornadoGR4
Haha! It's probably not all bad, I just knew someone with a horrific accent, right nasally. Was probably his voice more than anything though

I have lived away from there for a while to be fair so mine is probably a tad more subtle than the average "Barnsley for life" person. When I go back to visit, I have often been asked "where are you from?" "errrm here!!" "no way!!"...

Along those lines. You do find that moving to work in Wales or down south does demand that you adjust the way you speak if you are from Yorkshire. Who else in the world knows what corsy edge means? Get thi coyt, thas pulled!!
The favorite word of mine in the Barnsley dictionary has got to be "oo wo hi wi? Wor hi wi is sen? " "who was he with, was he by himself?"

Or another personal favorite: "tin tin tin" "it isn't in the tin"
17 posts and no one's mentioned Essex?
Brummie is awful. Don't mind Northern Irish, Welsh or light Scouse
Reply 18
Original post by RFowler
17 posts and no one's mentioned Essex?

Essex isn't bad. It just sounds like any generic southern accent to me :-/
Original post by tengentoppa
Brummie is awful. Don't mind Northern Irish, Welsh or light Scouse

Original post by ExRN
Not even read the link but I'm going to vote on brum.

Shut up yall :colonhash: brummies beaut

Quick Reply

Latest