The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by 09ekennedy
Hi,
I know A2 only require 3 topics for the geog 03 exam, but our school has made us do 4 for 'flexibility', has any other school/college made you do that?
we are studying plate tectonics, ecosystems, world cities and development :-)

Wow that is a lot of work! I am doing the same topics apart from ecosystems. Our school prefer to focus on 3 topics instead of bringing in extra ones. I think you should just study the 3 topics you are most comfortable with, otherwise the workload will be too much and you might end up confusing yourself.
Got full ums at AS so need 120/200ish for an A overall - not fussed about the subject anymore, focusing on my other subjects.

Topics - world cities (awful), tectonics (awful) and ecosystems (awful). I hate geography.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by Sacred Ground
Got full ums at AS so need 120/200ish for an A overall - not fussed about the subject anymore, focusing on my other subjects.

Topics - world cities (awful), tectonics (awful) and ecosystems (awful). I hate geography.

Wow! Any tips? Considering that you done so well.. I'm doing AS and A2 in one year. First time round..
Original post by naz.97
Wow! Any tips? Considering that you done so well.. I'm doing AS and A2 in one year. First time round..

Which topics are you doing? I did rivers, coasts, population and energy
Reply 65
Original post by Sacred Ground
Which topics are you doing? I did rivers, coasts, population and energy

Exactly the same ones!
if anyone has any notes please post if possible. here's a link to my bare bones notes, barely got any but will be adding as we get closer to exam:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-uSYK2X5B75NGtvWlFmbkdOTW8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Need a C this year to get an A overall - been predicted A* but no way that will happen hahaha
My 40 markers are terrible and I feel I will never be able to learn these case studies. A2 geog seems marginally harder than AS :frown:
Plate tectonics is proving to be a burden - barely understand all the extrusivity and intrusivity stuff
Does anyone know what the prerelease is on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got this today. It's on Fracking! I know nothing about this subject ...
Fracking... Only learned a little bit about it for Energy Issues in AS level.

Great...
Original post by maridonna
Got this today. It's on Fracking! I know nothing about this subject ...

Same :frown:
Didn't do energy at AS
Reply 72
Hi guys just wondered if anyone has the CGP revision guide and would be willing to post a pic of the pages of ecosystems on the Central Amazon Conservatipn Complex? Would be much appreciated, thank you 😊☺️😇
Reply 73
Does anyone know what topic is the GEOG4B pre release? We haven't received it yet.
Reply 74
Original post by naz.97
Does anyone know what topic is the GEOG4B pre release? We haven't received it yet.

Energy, quite a bit on fracking, so dull:s-smilie:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i wanna do my exam now, :frown:
Original post by tcameron
Same :frown:
Didn't do energy at AS

I did energy> But not fracking so ???????????????????????????????????????? AS ENERGY
I got energy got a lot of energy
Original post by Peppercrunch
Fracking... Only learned a little bit about it for Energy Issues in AS level.

Great...

Hey, can u send me ur energy notes lol?
Original post by ArbinderSingh98
Hey, can u send me ur energy notes lol?

All my AS geography notes are on my old laptop and there was only a mention of what fracking is as I don't think it's even on the syllabus.

I have a friend who is doing Spanish and she knows much more about fracking than I do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending