The Student Room Group

Why is this my best subject?? (Revision advice needed)

Okay this is a bit of a stressed rant but I fricking hate A-Level Geography...it's so mind-numbingly boring and I'm trying to revise the year 12 content but every time I open the textbook or look at my flashcards I want to give up. I do bio, chem, geog and computer science and for some reason geography is my best subject even though I dislike it and probably put the least effort in out of all my subjects.

Does anyone who did or is doing the AQA A-Level spec for Geography (particularly the Coasts module) have any advice on how to motivate myself to revise? I find revising for my other subjects pretty decent (it's not ever gonna be fun but I can do it) but Geography really does my head in.
Original post by Ethan512
Okay this is a bit of a stressed rant but I fricking hate A-Level Geography...it's so mind-numbingly boring and I'm trying to revise the year 12 content but every time I open the textbook or look at my flashcards I want to give up. I do bio, chem, geog and computer science and for some reason geography is my best subject even though I dislike it and probably put the least effort in out of all my subjects.

Does anyone who did or is doing the AQA A-Level spec for Geography (particularly the Coasts module) have any advice on how to motivate myself to revise? I find revising for my other subjects pretty decent (it's not ever gonna be fun but I can do it) but Geography really does my head in.

i understand what you are going through and sorry for that. for the geography, try to read when your mind is fresh. because it is your best subject, set some target which you should hit by the end of the day. this will assist you much.
Original post by ritandush
i understand what you are going through and sorry for that. for the geography, try to read when your mind is fresh. because it is your best subject, set some target which you should hit by the end of the day. this will assist you much.

Thank you!
Original post by username5432344

in the same boat rn but it’s actually my worst subject 😭 bio and chem are challenging but like idk i can get myself to do them, meanwhile geog just makes me sooo ******* bored and i’ve neglected it sm this entire year and now i have mocks soon and i’m pretty much done for, did u ever figure out how to motivate urself

Quick Reply

Latest