The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sarahmo89
HAHAHAHAHAHA I too also remember only having four channels :biggrin: Gladiators was amazing!! I remember Wolf - but I can't remember any of the other names although I know I had a favourite! and it was a girl with dark hair I'm sure . . .

Yeah - when we were young tv wasn't so crap ad ridiculous, i am also disgusted in myself that I haven't mentioned THE POWER RANGERS!!! That must have been my favourite tv show ever!!! I had a crush on Billy - the blue one (the geeky one :biggrin:) hehe and I also have one of their movies on video about Ivan Ooze almost killing Zordon and they had to travel to a different planet to get their powers back now that WAS a cool movie :biggrin:

How can we also forget TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES ... HEROES IN A HALF SHELL! Haha that was a fun program too :biggrin:

Everything you wrote had me screaming me too.
Bubblebee
Yeah, I remember the flashing trainers...and the platform trainers ( I had some in a vile electric blue colour)

I had some vile electric blue platform trainers too! They were made by Skechers, I think. I must have been about 10.
The flashing trainers were earlier, maybe around 1993 or 1994.
Reply 82
beatnik~87
Everything you wrote had me screaming me too.

Hehe have you seen my other posts in this thread - I just got really excited and have posted loads :p:

Cmon people ther must be more that this that we haven't mentioned yet :biggrin:

Someone said the bubble bags - remember the bubble jackets and body warmers - they were massive! Trying to walk around and fit into small spaces was such a struggle!

They still have all the super soakers and stuff!(that's how good they are!) I remember getting out a big bucket of water and using empty washing up liquid bottles etc to have water fights! I used to catch bees and stuff and pick flowers and put them in the jars so the bees cud feed then run 100 miles away when I let them out :p: I hope kids still do this - unless parents are too scared to let their kids near nature these days.
Reply 83
I would still love a pair of platform trainers (I had skechers ones too :smile:)

Ah the nostalgia, this stuff is all great :biggrin:
And when the WWF was GOOOOOD!?
I would only play wrestling with my brother when he let me be Kane or the Undertaker but I still always lost...:frown:
Reply 85
Lucky charms cereal - is that still around? The little marshmallow pieces were my reason for getting up in the morning:biggrin:

There was that really cool spy program called Bugs on a saturday night - kind of like Spooks now, but way better

The smurfs - guess they're still around, but they were huge back then

The poddington peas:
Down at the bottom of the garden,
Amongst the birds and the bees,
there are some little poeple,
they call the poddington peas.... Help me remember the song people:biggrin:
Reply 86
The hurricanes - it was the cartoon about the football team that went off saving the world... truly great stuff:smile:

Talking of which - Captain Planet:biggrin:

Captain Planet, he's our hero
Going to bring pollution down to zero

Something like that - It was all about the cartoons
Reply 87
OMG! I watched WWF aswell! But I can't remember when I started watching it. How much of a man was Chyna. I hated 'The Rock' to start with - but grew to love him - and his eyebrow :biggrin: You always wanted to know what Kane looked like under that mask and wondered why it never hurt if he got smacked in the face! I liked outlaws . .DX or generation X or something . . I can't remember but I know that they were my favourites I think. I went to see WWF at the SECC :laugh:
Reply 88
I'vre heard of people talking about lucky charms but I never ever had or even saw them before!
Light up trainers! Going down to Woolworths and buying Wannabe on tape! I remember going to get the Spice Girls first album and not actually understanding what an album was. I thought it was just gonna be photos of them of something :biggrin:

I remember the first National Lottery, getting Sky (I kinda feel deprived because I watched Cartoon Network instead of things like Live&Kicking and SMTV), Sooty videos, 10p ice poles, getting chases from the greenie on the golfie, playing a N64 for the first time (having been used to MegaDrive/SNES) and getting all stressed out because it was 3D and "how were you supposed to know where to go or where you'd been" :biggrin:

I remember Strawberry Poptarts WITHOUT the icing stuff, Pushpops, Blueberry Hubba Bubba, the twisty bottle drinks, getting a portable CD player, recording songs from the UK Top 40 radio show, The Demon Headmaster (best show ever y/n?), Singing Kettle concerts (before that tart Jane ruined it!!!), Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Laboratory, buying Smash Hits magazine for the song lyrics and free stuff.

Lots of my memories seem different from other peoples. Hmm
The top 5 things that defined my childhood:

Football stickers (later to become pogs and Pokemon cards)
Manchester United (forever)
Wrestling (we all knew it wasn't real but what's the harm on pretending:p: )
C&C Red Alert (the game to end all games)
Blue Peter (i learnt so much:redface: )

EDIT: oh Mr Bean has to get a mention for igniting my obsession with comedy...
What about 'round the twist'

worst show ever
Timeslikethese
What about 'round the twist'

worst show ever

;yucky;
Pound puppies and Puppy in my pockets :biggrin:
Toby Terrier(i LOVED that):rolleyes:
The beanie baby craze!!!
cats cradle, bet they don't do that anymore! Oh and Furbys.
Polly Pocket and I remember playing the smurfs cassette tape on my fisher price tape player!:cool:
And we all used to play tig and handstands in the summer (don't know what that was all about!!)
Sabrina the Teenage Witch on telly and Live and Kicking with Jamie Theakston and Zoe Ball!!
You have got me reminiscing now! It was great being a kid!:p:
CheGriffin

Wrestling (we all knew it wasn't real but what's the harm on pretending:p: )

Wha...wha...what? How can it not be real? They hit each other with metal chairs FFS...those boys could FIGHT!
Bubblebee
Wha...wha...what? How can it not be real? They hit each other with metal chairs FFS...those boys could FIGHT!

Point taken... some of the punishment those guys took for entertainment was unreal...I had to trek to my friends house every Saturday (he had Sky) to watch Smackdown.

I was tooooo cool:biggrin:
Uber chunky game boy + tetris, super mario world and footie stickers pretty much sums it up for me. And monday night raw [which was actually shown on fridays], as well as wcw, also shown on fridays. Oh yeh also n64 and pokemon.
Johnny C.
Lucky charms cereal - is that still around? The little marshmallow pieces were my reason for getting up in the morning:biggrin:

There was that really cool spy program called Bugs on a saturday night - kind of like Spooks now, but way better

The smurfs - guess they're still around, but they were huge back then

The poddington peas:
Down at the bottom of the garden,
Amongst the birds and the bees,
there are some little poeple,
they call the poddington peas.... Help me remember the song people:biggrin:

I haven't seen Lucky Charms since I left the US. I loved them, just for the marshmallow bits. :biggrin:
Have you everrrr....Ever felt like this? When straaaaange things happen when you're going round the twist?
Reply 99
sarahmo89

Can you also remembre on CITV the show where it had Neil Buchanan as a French artiste and all these other mini sketches?

I LOVED that show. Can't remember what it was called though.
Also loved The Incredible Games, where they had that game on the chessboard and the man in the big black cape following you and if he caught you, you dropped down into a laundry room. Then there was Terror Towers with that alphabet soup game and the game where the walls closed in on you.
Lucky Charms were discontinued in 1996, for everyone's info. They do, however, still make them in America, and when I go there for my 21st birthday, I'm going to have a whole box all to myself :biggrin:

(You can also get them for about £6 a box in Cybercandy in the Leicester Square area, but meh.)

Latest

Trending

Trending