The Student Room Group

Friends star Matthew Perry passes away at age 54

He passed away due to drowning apparently:
https://news.sky.com/story/friends-star-matthew-perry-dies-of-apparent-drowning-at-54-12995478

I didn’t watch the show Friends but I know that many people did.
Reply 1
It is so sad that some of the brightest and the best in our public spotlight have such a short life. I am aware he had struggled greatly with his emotional pain and at many times felt very lonely. If only we could all have given him a shared hug at those moments. This is sad news and it is a sad time for all of his family and close friends.
Reply 2
Never watched Friends. Perry, however, seemed to be extremely down-to-earth and thoughtful. I hope he is remember for more than his role in Friends.
AFAIK the death is still undetermined. Still I watched friends growing up and was a big part of childhood TV for me so it is very sad. I think he was a very smart actor who had a lot of unaddressed mental issues hence the drug abuse.
Always sad when an actor (or anyone) who defines an era passes.

For anyone who isn't familiar with it, it was probably the worlds most popular sitcom from the 90's / millennium era.

Sleep well sir, and thank you for the good times.
I watched Friends in its heyday in the 90s and beyond. It was a show I enjoyed but it wasn’t an absolute favourite. But because the show was so iconic for my generation it was truly shocking to receive the news, especially given that he was only 54.
RIP Matthew Perry.
The most entertaining guy in Friends.
Original post by Muttly
It is so sad that some of the brightest and the best in our public spotlight have such a short life. I am aware he had struggled greatly with his emotional pain and at many times felt very lonely. If only we could all have given him a shared hug at those moments. This is sad news and it is a sad time for all of his family and close friends.

I was gutted to hear such such sad news. I loved friends and he was absolutely superb. May he rest is peace

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending