The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ssequeire1
Is it possible to change a choice now that the deadline is over? ucas says we can? Anyone?

Not sure about changing choices but if you haven't used all five you can apply for more (providing its not for a medicine or similar course where deadline is different) also if you apply for your remaining option/s they come at a cost, something like £13 or perhaps more. Don't think you can change choices to switch medical schools. Hope this helps
Original post by thei11usionist
Not sure about changing choices but if you haven't used all five you can apply for more (providing its not for a medicine or similar course where deadline is different) also if you apply for your remaining option/s they come at a cost, something like £13 or perhaps more. Don't think you can change choices to switch medical schools. Hope this helps

Hey, what does the remaining option thing mean? Can I apply to more med schools for £13?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanishqa
Hey, what does the remaining option thing mean? Can I apply to more med schools for £13?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. You can only apply for 4, and everyone has a maximum of 5 choices. If you applied for less than 5 then you paid a lower fee to send off your application, so in adding more choices to make it up to the maximum of 5, you would have to pay the difference.
Original post by preetg97
No. You can only apply for 4, and everyone has a maximum of 5 choices. If you applied for less than 5 then you paid a lower fee to send off your application, so in adding more choices to make it up to the maximum of 5, you would have to pay the difference.

Oh, okay. I get it now. Thank you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, okay. I get it now. Thank you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: it's okay
Guys do you just click save and continue after adding your choices? I did it a couple of days ago, and now when I log back in I can't find my uni choices anymore!!!!
Original post by xtremespec
Guys do you just click save and continue after adding your choices? I did it a couple of days ago, and now when I log back in I can't find my uni choices anymore!!!!

Deadline is gone so it's saved

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck people :3
Reply 1388
Hey guys...I didn't put my choices thru ukcat. would this be a problem?
Original post by kas12
Hey guys...I didn't put my choices thru ukcat. would this be a problem?

Yes. If you haven't told ukcat the universities you're applying to that use it it's a big problem. Ring them up tomorrow and see if you can get its sorted
Reply 1390
[QUOTE="Docjones1;59994147"]Yes. If you haven't told ukcat the universities you're applying to that use it it's a big problem. Ring them up tomorrow and see if you can get its sorted[/QUOTE

Ive just checked, the phone lines aren't open until Monday! :frown:
Anyone else "save and continue" multiple times to check it ? Plus why don't they send us confirmation ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1392
Original post by Dylan_20
Anyone else "save and continue" multiple times to check it ? Plus why don't they send us confirmation ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yes!! I think i saved and continued pretty much twice a day since Monday because I panicked that every time i viewed it it would somehow un-save haha. We have done what they have said so I think we'll be fine. Just an extra stress on top of a stressful process! Good luck with it all
Original post by elzw
Haha yes!! I think i saved and continued pretty much twice a day since Monday because I panicked that every time i viewed it it would somehow un-save haha. We have done what they have said so I think we'll be fine. Just an extra stress on top of a stressful process! Good luck with it all

Yes that was me! Got all my family to check too...thought I was going crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylan_20
Yes that was me! Got all my family to check too...thought I was going crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I checked it five times and then had my counselor check it because I was convinced that I was doing something wrong. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've both applied to Newcastle with a 2760 if I'm not wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If my research is correct then you should both meet the threshold, good luck.
Original post by lordcavendish
If my research is correct then you should both meet the threshold, good luck.

Show us your working :P
Original post by LOAend
Can you explain your theory about why 2700 will be the threshold??

a while ago i stumbled across the thresholds for newcastle(cannot recall where but it was a pdf) and in 2012 the threshold was 2660, 2013 (2780), 2014 (2980). If you then compare this to the UKCAT Deciles over the same period then excluding last year they seem to use the 7th-8th-9th-10th decile. If this is the case then this year the 7th decile is 2660, hence my assumption 2700 will be the cut off and depending upon how many apply with ukcat above this will determine the opportunity for interview. Hopefully Newcastle will publish its threshold in November either validate my theory or highlight the weakness in trying to use historical data to predict the future. Good luck if you are 2700+
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Medicnohoperno.9
Show us your working :P
see my earlier post, hopefully it is validated when Newcastle publish the threshold.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lordcavendish
a while ago i stumbled across the thresholds for newcastle(cannot recall where but it was a pdf) and in 2012 the threshold was 2660, 2013 (2780), 2014 (2980). If you then compare this to the UKCAT Deciles over the same period then excluding last year they seem to use the 7th-8th-9th-10th decile. If this is the case then this year the 7th decile is 2660, hence my assumption 2700 will be the cut off and depending upon how many apply with ukcat above this will determine the opportunity for interview. Hopefully Newcastle will publish its threshold in November either validate my theory or highlight the weakness in trying to use historical data to predict the future. Good luck if you are 2700+

I may have misunderstood you, but I think you might be a bit out. So, the 2013 cut off was 2780, if we then look at the 2012 deciles (because for 2013 entry you took the 2012 ukcat), the ninth decile starts at 2750.

Similarly for 2014 entry the cut off was 2980 and the 9th decile started at 2910...so it looks like apart from last year you had to be well into the 9th decile.

The ninth decile starts at 2740 this year...

I dont want to be right :L

Latest

Trending

Trending