The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Giles is right (yiroite mate by the way? Come Destiny's this Monday, Andy and Alex are coming down from up north and staying with me...doubt you'll get this dunno why I'm bothering...will facebook you...alrite shutup Tom) that there's a piano in Willo that anyone can use, if you're up for a battered old thing that anyone can hear in the main block. If you're organised, you'd be able to practice in the music block specially as we have a few new practice rooms. Don't forget the uni has a pretty good music department therefore if you're v. good you can get lessons off the teachers who teach at the uni who are generally pretty darn good or if you're pre-Grade 8 there will prob be a student who'll do it pretty well and much cheaper.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
When we went to look round Nottingham we went to the music department and they have several practice rooms with pianos in which I *think* you are quite welcome to use...they didn't say they were solely for Music students, as only one of us was looking to actually do Music as a degree, so you might be allowed to use them?
Reply 22
abc101
When we went to look round Nottingham we went to the music department and they have several practice rooms with pianos in which I *think* you are quite welcome to use...they didn't say they were solely for Music students, as only one of us was looking to actually do Music as a degree, so you might be allowed to use them?

I thought about this, but the music student in my block says it's hard because all the practice rooms get booked up really quickly at the start of the week. She got an electric piano for Christmas, which must say something about the availability of pianos for music students...and she always practices oboe in the block, so I've taken that as an indication that getting practice rooms is pretty competitive.
sssh
I thought about this, but the music student in my block says it's hard because all the practice rooms get booked up really quickly at the start of the week. She got an electric piano for Christmas, which must say something about the availability of pianos for music students...and she always practices oboe in the block, so I've taken that as an indication that getting practice rooms is pretty competitive.

Damn right! Practice rooms are like gold dust and music students (obviously) get priority, even they can struggle to get one. Investing in some kind of silent practice system if that is available for your instrument is a good idea anyway if you plan to be a musician.

Latest

Trending

Trending