The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hahahahahaha just got in to see Mourinho got sacked :rofl:
"Celebrating", "good day" **** sake.

Mourinho left Cobham in tears. The man was one of us. Our most successful manager of all time. His sacking was justified but neither here nor there. Look at Terry too leaving Cobham teary-eyed. We live in an era of football where individuals who legitimately care about their club dwindle with each passing year. We lost one today and will lose another next year.

Legitimately do not see how someone can claim to have an emotional connection to Chelsea and "celebrate" this "good day". **** off.
Original post by Nickini

Mourinho left Cobham in tears. The man was one of us. Our most successful manager of all time. His sacking was justified but neither here nor there. Look at Terry too leaving Cobham teary-eyed. We live in an era of football where individuals who legitimately care about their club dwindle with each passing year. We lost one today and will lose another next year.

Legitimately do not see how someone can claim to have an emotional connection to Chelsea and "celebrate" this "good day". **** off.

Prsom.

Sad state of affairs.
Original post by Nickini

Just shows how much of a joke club Chelsea actually is....

Abromovic is silly! Wait who is actually replacing Mourinho??! Have you got Pep or?
I for one want all our managers to do well but if it's not working out it's not working out.

I want the club to do well first and foremost, I am a fan of Chelsea Football Club. Hope wherever Mourinho goes he does well but damn the guy did not do himself favours. The PR was being dragged to the dirt, his promises weren't fulfilled(he had chances to play youngsters/younger players yet he persists with playing Ivanovic who was costing the club points game after game for almost a year ffs). Funnily enough with Ivanovic post injury he's been much better, maybe he just was being overplayed and couldn't handle the physical side of the game?

Furthermore, bar for Benitez(who eventually I respected his work under the constraints he was under) I have never asked for a manager to go. I backed AVB, Di Matteo, Carlo Ancelotti etc. until they were sacked, even if I have been critical of their actual work(because my personality is to focus on the positives and the negatives of people's work).
(edited 8 years ago)

(Jimmy Seville and Nickini on the right and left, jam (and me) in the centre)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1986
What's done is done, like it or not Mou is gone and Chelsea remains. Let us hope we can look forward to a big boost in morale and some immediate, extremely noticeable improvement in performances.

Hard to pick a manager, would take Carlo although he has his own problems, can't say no to Hiddink after his performance with us previously although I have doubts he could replicate it. TBH while it is ridiculous I would take Brendan Rogers until summer.

Thanks for the good memories Jose, I'll try to remember you for those than some of the awful **** you've done.

Original post by Mackay
Yeah. They did that with AVB, didn't they?

Yeah its been our policy with every manager for ages. Quite a few people could still be stealing a living from us but fortunately all of the managers we have had are usually eager to get right back into work & and therefore lose the salary from us.
Original post by jam277
I for one want all our managers to do well but if it's not working out it's not working out.

I want the club to do well first and foremost, I am a fan of Chelsea Football Club. Hope wherever Mourinho goes he does well but damn the guy did not do himself favours. The PR was being dragged to the dirt, his promises weren't fulfilled.

Furthermore, bar for Benitez(who eventually I respected his work under the constraints he was under) I have never asked for a manager to go. I backed AVB, Di Matteo, Carlo Ancelotti etc. until they were sacked, even if I have been critical of their actual work(because my personality is to focus on the positives and the negatives of people's work).

Jesus loves me. Going to Church on Sunday just because of this.

Who is he going to get replaced by? It seems the media don't know as well....

Rumours that Real are favourites to sign Hazard.....if that actually happens (and it is very likely that Hazard will leave considering you're in a relegation battle pretty much) Chelsea is done! :lol:
Reply 1988
Original post by trapking

Rumours that Real are favourites to sign Hazard.....if that actually happens (and it is very likely that Hazard will leave considering you're in a relegation battle pretty much) Chelsea is done! :lol:

People have been saying he'll demand to leave every summer since he joined :facepalm2:

If our next manager doesn't want to sell then he will be staying, plain and simple.

Hiddink. Last time he did well with us and he got good support from the fans, he was a wise appointment.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/jose-mourinho/12051070/Jose-Mourinho-sacked-by-Chelsea-live-latest-news.html

Hazard won't go in jan as he's CL tied. Plus we have money to keep him and he's on a long term contract. In the summer possibly but we'd only sell for a hefty fee so we would have money to buy other players anyway. We're not spurs and Hazard genuinely wouldn't get into the Real team if Ronaldo is still there. I love Hazard as much as the next guy but Ronaldo is undroppable, Bale is better than Hazard currently and James Rodriguez/Isco are in the AM spots that he likes to occupy.

There is no space for Hazard. If we were to sell him then we'd probably get Isco off them.

Interesting if true. The club are not idiots. Smart people.
(edited 8 years ago)
1450386777889.jpg
Original post by mhsc
People have been saying he'll demand to leave every summer since he joined :facepalm2:

If our next manager doesn't want to sell then he will be staying, plain and simple.

Hmm but this time you're in a real crisis... i mean if real madrid come knocking on the door with lots of money...it will be tempting for Hazard indeed!

It's not even about it being the right decision or not ffs. Personally I defended him staunchly before but was still becoming sympathetic to the view he should leave, increasingly so as our performances and results failed to pick up.

Mourinho was one of us, he genuinely cared about the club and it's fans. And on top of that he is our most successful manager in history.

Such a person leaving the club is not a time for "celebrations" or a "good day".

The fact that you two can't see that speaks volumes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Tbh it was only a matter of time. He had lost the dressing room, players didn't want to play for him anymore. A top ten finish was becoming increasingly more impossible for you. Even if a new manager (hopefully) doesn't stop the rot it's worth trying it anyway, as there's definitely more chance of salvaging a Europa League place under a new system than there was under Mourinho.
Hiddink was adored by the players and fans during his time at Stamford Bridge, and you imagine he'd relish the chance to prove himself after the debacle he endured as manager of Holland.
Reply 1995
Hmm but this time you're in a real crisis... i mean if real madrid come knocking on the door with lots of money...it will be tempting for Hazard indeed!

It doesn't matter if it is tempting for Hazard, it is up to the manager/club.
Reply 1996
Original post by jam277
Hiddink. Last time he did well with us and he got good support from the fans, he was a wise appointment.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/jose-mourinho/12051070/Jose-Mourinho-sacked-by-Chelsea-live-latest-news.html

Hazard won't go in jan as he's CL tied. Plus we have money to keep him and he's on a long term contract. In the summer possibly but we'd only sell for a hefty fee so we would have money to buy other players anyway.
Interesting if true. The club are not idiots. Smart people.

Unfortunately I don't think it can be true. (I don't think they can just decide after 6 months that this was a breach of contract - they obviously didn't think so at the time it occurred.) But it would be very funny.

I think this appointment may backfire. I don't think that the players have anything to play for in the league (title - no, top four - no, relegation - sadly no, and this manager will be gone in May so they don't even need to impress him). Might as well have stuck with Mourinho in those respects. However, I guess they may do better in the CL.
Original post by mhsc
It doesn't matter if it is tempting for Hazard, it is up to the manager/club.

not really the player can leave if they want to....just like DiMaria did at Utd :sad:
These Chelsea fans are crying all over the internet :laugh::rofl2::rofl:
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Tbh it was only a matter of time. He had lost the dressing room, players didn't want to play for him anymore. A top ten finish was becoming increasingly more impossible for you. Even if a new manager (hopefully) doesn't stop the rot it's worth trying it anyway, as there's definitely more chance of salvaging a Europa League place under a new system than there was under Mourinho.

Yeah pretty much.

Original post by Nickini
It's not even about it being the right decision or not ffs. Personally I defended him staunchly before but was still becoming sympathetic to the view he should leave, increasingly so as our performances and results failed to pick up.

Mourinho was one of us, he genuinely cared about the club and it's fans. And on top of that he is our most successful manager in history.

Such a person leaving the club is not a time for "celebrations" or a "good day".

The fact that you two can't see that speaks volumes.

Oh I know he cared for the club. I didn't want it to end like this either but he was making his position more untenable by the day. Easy to love him when he's winning but he's intolerable when he's losing. There are certain managers that don't help themselves in that situation, Mourinho is one of them.

Who the hell basically says in an interview the only reason you lot won the title is because I was the manager. How do you think the players felt after hearing that? They would never publicly criticize Mourinho while at the club but considering people's comments (e.g. Filipe's comments about how Mourinho affects the players negatively in the media) I'm pretty sure other players have felt the same.

Time will tell if the club made the right decision but we can't possibly be doing any worse than we were these past 6 months that's for sure.

Latest