The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mou is to blame, but players are clearly setting him up, they want him out. And probably they should, they must be sick and tired of him.

It´s been ten years of Mourinho in top football, I think at this point we are starting to get to know him quite well. His third seaosons at a club (if he gets to a third season) always end up in shambles.

First time at chelsea
His time at Madrid.
Second time at chelsea

Same old story. He squeezes his players for the first two seasons, brings a lot of theatre and drama for the presss... everyone loves him or hates him... and third season everyone is sick of his shows. Players are burnt out, there is always a scapegoat, players being undermined in public, friction in the dressing room...

Mourinho is just picking up what he has cultivated. What goes around, comes around.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Frisco on the chorus

maaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuddddd

OMD no 7&11
Gem.
Can't wait to see what Shearer has to say about you lots on MOTD :coma:
Original post by Nickini
Fabregas' shot did cross the line, he was just ruled offside hence why Cahill talks about giving the benefit of the doubt to the striker.

Ahhh fair play, got the complete wrong end of the stick :redface:
Original post by Dission
Mou is to blame, but players are clearly setting him up, they want him out. And probably they should, they must be sick and tired of him.

It´s been ten years of Mourinho in top football, I think at this point we are starting to get to know him quite well. His third seaosons at a club (if he gets to a third season) always end up in shambles.

First time at chelsea
His time at Madrid.
Second time at chelsea

Same old story. He squeezes his players for the first two seasons, brings a lot of theatre and drama for the presss... everyone loves him or hates him... and third season everyone is sick of his shows. Players are burnt out, there is always a scapegoat, players being undermined in public, friction in the dressing room...

Mourinho is just picking up what he has cultivated. What goes around, comes around.
How are the players "clearly setting him up"?

In Mourinho's third season at Chelsea he finished 2nd, got to the CL semis and won the League Cup and FA Cup. That's not a "shambles". His departure from Chelsea was in his fourth season due to a falling out with Abramovich, not because he lost the players.

Fact of the matter is vast majority of players Mourinho has managed at Porto/Chelsea 1st time/Inter speak very highly of him. It's only at Real Madrid where the narrative changes and even then he still had the support of some of the players.

His third season at RM is the only definitive example of what you're talking about, and even then we're talking about a club where only one other manager lasted as long as Mourinho did in the last 25 years...
"we want you to stay"

Love this flick. just look at the bastard!
(edited 8 years ago)
"the players want him out"

That'll be why John Terry said the opposite last week.

*ignore list intensifies*
Mourinho should be fired by now
Reply 589
Original post by The Shed End
And very few clubs have ever been in the position we have where the clubs best ever manager have come back for a second spell, and said he intends to stay here long time. It'll just be another RDM/Benitez situation if we were to sack him now.

Also think the club know they are partly to blame by not going out and getting Jose's transfer targets in the summer. Season's not write off, just have to change our focus from winning the league to a cup competition. Important we get top 4 which we still can - league is closest that it's been for a long time.

Not sure how you can say you can't see us scoring, given we scored today, had a goal about 20mm away from going in, and had a goal questionably ruled out for offside - but yeah, Hazard was wack again today - think we should be playing him as a 10 - and not sure what Oscar has to do to get a game these days.

How I miss Mazacar man

Season at most we go for domestics(can see us winning one tbh).

Out of interest who were Jose's targets because a lot of the time people make it look out to be that it's the clubs fault for lack of transfer activity but it could just be that Jose's targets were unrealistic.
Reply 590
Original post by The Shed End
If we'd kept Luis - Ivanovic would have been dropped a lot sooner, don't think Jose trusts Baba. Zouma defensively is better than Ivanovic at RB but doesn't have the same influence going forward, even though he's still terrible. 9/10 would take defensive responsibility though.

That doesn't make sense as Jose had the chance to drop Ivanovic last season when he was clearly at fault for a large percentage of our goals.
Reply 591
Original post by Dission

First time at chelsea
His time at Madrid.
Second time at chelsea

Maybe the bit in bold could be true but I guess we just have to wait and see where we are at the end of the season before saying this.

His 3rd season at Chelsea was good. His 3rd season(well second full season) at Porto involved winning the treble and only one manager has done better than Mourinho at Real post Del Bosque and then he was even worse in the league. I do believe that a lot of people want to see Mourinho fail which is why a lot of negative press has been on him this season in particular but I have said it a number of times. Mourinho doesn't help himself. :

Original post by Nickini
Yeah at the time we wanted them to get more gametime, but hindsight is 20:20. This time last season we were being lauded for selling them to raise funds for Cesc and Costa.

Lukaku stayed for four games and was getting decent minutes as a sub, but complained and asked to go on loan. He would have got games.

Luis wanted to return to Atletico. Perhaps had we given him more time he would have wanted to stay but Azpi/Ivan, despite its problems, was winning us the league. Seems very plausible the club went out and bought a player Jose didn't want as his replacement.

We're just getting what we deserve from **** preparation. Post-season tour, late pre-season and a poor, timid transfer window.

Not really lauding both of the sales although it was clear one had to be sold for the purpose of FFP which is fair enough.

I would have started Lukaku from the offset and gave him faith from the start. I guess that might mean we wouldn't have got Diego Costa I guess so swings and roundabouts I guess,

Luis wanted to return because he wasn't getting games. Why would you, arguably the best LB in the world at the time be sitting on the bench to a vastly inferior player in Ivanovic? I guess the club could have just bought a random guy but at least give him a try, don't go Brendan Rodgers mode and just refuse to play them because it wasn't your signing.

Final bit yeah everything from post season has been shocking.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nickini
How are the players "clearly setting him up"?

Players are not pulling their weight. I have seen Chelsea conceade goals that showed a clear disengagement in the game. It is no secret that when players want a change, they can replace managers easily.

As for reasons why they would want to do that. I repeat what I said... friction in the dressing room (case of Eva, the doctor), undermining players in public, constant scapegoat-seeking, excessive theatre in press conferences, and just simply burnt-out players phisically and mentally. I have had bosses like Mourinho, they can be very demanding and that is good, but after a while people get tired, they either leave or underperform.

In Mourinho's third season at Chelsea he finished 2nd, got to the CL semis and won the League Cup and FA Cup. That's not a "shambles". His departure from Chelsea was in his fourth season due to a falling out with Abramovich, not because he lost the players.

OK, I do rectify, his fourth season. Point remains, he is a toxic personality, he creates excessive friction, controversy and tirany. He´s toxic, end of, he has that kind of personality, all his relationships will end up the same.

Fact of the matter is vast majority of players Mourinho has managed at Porto/Chelsea 1st time/Inter speak very highly of him. It's only at Real Madrid where the narrative changes and even then he still had the support of some of the players.

Some at Porto and Chelsea have publicly critized him. Of course those who won titles with him will speak highly of him. Even Madrid players after first and second season would probably talk highly of him, but ask them after third season. It is easy to get on well with people when things go well, but the challenge is to get people on board when things go pear shaped, , and when they do, Mourinho just creates enemies.

His third season at RM is the only definitive example of what you're talking about, and even then we're talking about a club where only one other manager lasted as long as Mourinho did in the last 25 years...

Ancelotti did last less than Mourinho but he did not leave by the back door, Carlo left with the players publicly wanting him to stay. That is the difference. What happened at Madrid last season is what is going now at Chelsea. Players decided to kick him out, led by Casillas, Ramos and Ronaldo.
(edited 8 years ago)
Chelsea took an Arsenal legend (Fabregas) and turned him into a joke. Arsenal took a Chelsea legend (Cech) and made him even better.
Reply 594
Original post by Dission
Players are not pulling their weight. I have seen Chelsea conceade goals that showed a clear disengagement in the game. It is no secret that when players want a change, they can replace managers easily.

As for reasons why they would want to do that. I repeat what I said... friction in the dressing room (case of Eva, the doctor), undermining players in public, constant scapegoat-seeking, excessive theatre in press conferences, and just simply burnt-out players phisically and mentally. I have had bosses like Mourinho, they can be very demanding and that is good, but after a while people get tired, they either leave or underperform.

Yeah been in jobs where the boss is like that and nobody stays because of it.

OK, I do rectify, his fourth season. Point remains, he is a toxic personality, he creates excessive friction, controversy and tirany. He´s toxic, end of, he has that kind of personality, all his relationships will end up the same.

I wonder whether that is his real life personality or his football personality?

Some at Porto and Chelsea have publicly critized him. Of course those who won titles with him will speak highly of him. Even Madrid players after first and second season would probably talk highly of him, but ask them after third season. It is easy to get on well with people when things go well, the challenge and when things fall apart, and when they do he just creates enemies.

Ancelotti did last less than Mourinho but he did not leave by the back door, Carlo left with the players publicly wanting him to stay. That is the difference. What happened at Madrid last season is what is going now at Chelsea. Players decided to kick him out, led by Casillas, Ramos and Ronaldo.

Robben criticized him, Mata will probably have something to say about him. I believe he has a trusted set of players that he will play. I don't see any issues of a mutiny yet though, but I assume that's because of the relationship he has with Terry/Ivanovic who are senior players.
Original post by jam277

I wonder whether that is his real life personality or his football personality?

I think to certain degree is his real life personality, but it gets out of hand once he is in the spotlight and in the public eye. He is slave of the character that he has created, so it is a bit of acting (people tend to act once they are in the public eye) but also it is an acting fed by his real personality.

Robben criticized him, Mata will probably have something to say about him. I believe he has a trusted set of players that he will play. I don't see any issues of a mutiny yet though, but I assume that's because of the relationship he has with Terry/Ivanovic who are senior players.

It tends to be the most creative and talented players that seem to fall out, happened at Madrid with Ronaldo . It is happening with Hazard now too.

He seems to get on well with a certain profile of players, the Terrys, Materazzis...etc. That type of player and personality are the ones that are really faithful to him.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by iamthetruth
Chelsea took an Arsenal legend (Fabregas) and turned him into a joke. Arsenal took a Chelsea legend (Cech) and made him even better.

Cesc is not even close to being a legend. Won **** all & persona non grata .he's made his bed, chav 4 lyfe.

Love that one of Chelski's 4 legends kills it for Arsenal though

he did his time
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Cesc is not even close to being a legend. Won **** all & persona non grata

Why because he never won a trophy? or because he went to Chelsea? Without Cesc and RVP Arsenal would not be where we are today they helped us in our tough times I don't care what anyone says about them because I appreciate what they done for our club.
The beginning of the fall of chelsea
Reply 599
Original post by Zürich
Cesc is not even close to being a legend. Won **** all & persona non grata .he's made his bed, chav 4 lyfe.

he did his time

Guess you need revenge for Ashley Cole :colonhash:

Latest