The Student Room Group
I'd take Mertens but doubt it'll happen
Original post by S.G.
Dries Mertens has a release clause of £24.7 million.

According to TransferMarkt, his main position is centre forward but can also play as a second striker or left wing.

He’s so cheap as well and in the form of his life. 29 games this season, 14 goals and 12 assists.

I literally cannot see a reason why we shouldn’t buy this guy.

He turns 31 in May.

Chelsea have a 1 year contract policy for players over 30 right?
Reply 9982
Original post by Zerforax
He turns 31 in May.

Chelsea have a 1 year contract policy for players over 30 right?

It’s quite a ridiculous policy, but yes.
Original post by S.G.
It’s quite a ridiculous policy, but yes.

No chance Chelsea will sign him then.
Reply 9984
Original post by Zerforax
No chance Chelsea will sign him then.

I think it might have been one of the reasons Matic left because he wanted a multi year deal or something but Chelsea would only give the one year.

Not sure how accurate this is though.
Reply 9985
Telegraph reporting Chelsea are “on the brink” of signing Ross Barkley. Transfer fee is £15 million.

£15 million isn’t bad; certainly isn’t £35 million.

Mentions it’s an Emenalo recommendation
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by S.G.
Telegraph reporting Chelsea are “on the brink” of signing Ross Barkley. Transfer fee is £15 million.

£15 million isn’t bad; certainly isn’t £35 million.

Mentions it’s an Emenalo recommendation

Aids signing if you make it, he's just a white poor mans Bakayoko.
IF you really do sign Barkley Conte deserves to walk at the end of the season :laugh:
Reply 9988
Original post by trapking
Aids signing if you make it, he's just a white poor mans Bakayoko.

Not bad for depth at £15 million. He’s not going to play as a starter - Fabregas does.

We’re also making enquiries for Andy Carroll :facepalm2:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by S.G.
Not bad for depth at £15 million. He’s not going to play as a starter - Fabregas does.

We’re also making enquiries for Andy Carroll :facepalm2:

:rofl:

What's happened with Chelsea's transfer policy?? :laugh:

I doubt Conte even wanted the likes of Drinkwater. I think Morata, Alonso, Zappacosta,Baka where his signings though....not sure why you were in for Lukaku though seems like the board wanted him back?
Reply 9990
:rofl:

What's happened with Chelsea's transfer policy?? :laugh:

I doubt Conte even wanted the likes of Drinkwater. I think Morata, Alonso, Zappacosta,Baka where his signings though....not sure why you were in for Lukaku though seems like the board wanted him back?

New stadium I guess. That and the fact that we made less money because we missed out on CL revenue. Probably a proper window in the summer.

Apparently Abramovich wants more English players at the club. Lukaku is definitely board; Morata is definitely Conte seeing as he bought him at Juve as well. Zappacosta was a panic buy. He likes discipline - Bakayoko’s got none of that.
Original post by S.G.
New stadium I guess. That and the fact that we made less money because we missed out on CL revenue. Probably a proper window in the summer.

Apparently Abramovich wants more English players at the club. Lukaku is definitely board; Morata is definitely Conte seeing as he bought him at Juve as well. Zappacosta was a panic buy. He likes discipline - Bakayoko’s got none of that.

but surely the board didn't just pick out Bakayoko?

Conte must have had a say in that surely..
Reply 9992
but surely the board didn't just pick out Bakayoko?

Conte must have had a say in that surely..

Conte said recently the board does all the signings. He passes on recommendations but the final say is by the board. Did you not read his recent quotes about whichever club he’s been at recently is running a “austerity programme”.

Made me laugh

Latest