The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Well I been trying for ages.

Currently watching scarface.

most slept on scene from scarface imo

Original post by FFTypoCorrector
Oh you did history at Uni as well? Fascinating subject tbh, seems like too much reading for me, though if I find the time I'd like to study early empires (e.g. Arabian or Roman), and the Ottoman Empire.

Tbh the reading is fine if you enjoy the topic. Having to read a chapter about some obscure thing you don't give a **** about because it's on your compulsory module isn't as fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
WW1 was only won because of America's resources, but they seem to think they had a role to play in the actual fighting. Lel.

Stalin won WW2. Despite asking for back up early on the yutes joined up later on. Once again Americans:colonhash:

@sr90 Studying Soviet Union/Russia/Cold War. Actually looking forward to it.
Me reading this thread:

Reply 1184
Wow.. Misc thread or what
You know your teams doing **** when the threads starts backtracking on world wars.

@Lyrical Prodigy Would like to report mod for derailing thread or just double standards? :colonhash:
Original post by sr90
Tbh the reading is fine if you enjoy the topic. Having to read a chapter about some obscure thing you don't give a **** about because it's on your compulsory module isn't as fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

This, essentially.

I couldn't get into the conflict in the Middle East whatsoever, so I really struggled with that module I did. I found it so uninteresting, despite it actually being relevant given the current goings-on.
Original post by Rk2k14
WW1 was only won because of America's resources, but they seem to think they had a role to play in the actual fighting. Lel.

Stalin won WW2. Despite asking for back up early on the yutes joined up later on. Once again Americans:colonhash:

@sr90 Studying Soviet Union/Russia/Cold War. Actually looking forward to it.

The Red Army clearly won the war, but as the Soviets and the communist ideology were the enemy for 50 odd years of course it's going to be spun into an American victory. D Day could never have happened were it not for the Soviets, otherwise Hitler's Atlantic wall would have been almost impenetrable.
Original post by sr90
The Red Army clearly won the war, but as the Soviets and the communist ideology were the enemy for 50 odd years of course it's going to be spun into an American victory. D Day could never have happened were it not for the Soviets, otherwise Hitler's Atlantic wall would have been almost impenetrable.

Its actually pretty funny when you look at it. Britain went all friendly with Germany because they wanted them as a buffer to Russian ideology but did things went tits up instead.:biggrin:
Tbh they all hated each other. Alliances were just there for fear.
This is getting deep now. Let's get back to discussing Ivanovic's propensity to sit off.
Looks like I should bookmark the last few pages since it'll help me out in some of my modules next year. :lol:
Original post by Mackay
propensity

mirin vocabulary
Reply 1192
Original post by Zerforax
Looks like the FA are trying to get a nice budget for their Xmas party courtesy of Chelsea

Chelsea's recent fines
£40,000 - For failing to control players in 2-0 victory over Arsenal on 19 September
£50,000 - For Jose Mourinho following comments after 3-1 defeat to Southampton on 3 October
£40,000 - For Mourinho after argument with referee Jon Moss during 2-1 defeat to West Ham on 24 October
£25,000 - For receiving more than five bookings against West Ham on 24 October
£50,000 - For failing to control players against West Ham on 24 October

£115k in one day :colonhash:

Damn, I wish Yoda was there to inspire and calm them down :tongue:
Original post by swirly
mirin vocabulary

Yeezy taught me
Original post by swirly
mirin vocabulary

Inb4 Vae exposes yet another copied article
Original post by Mackay
Yeezy taught me

Also, me and Difeo wish to do our weekly interview on Friday!!!
Inb4 Vae exposes yet another copied article

She never posts anymore:frown:
Also, me and Difeo wish to do our weekly interview on Friday!!!

DM you tomorrow.
Original post by Mackay
DM you tomorrow.

Mackay I have no DM as of yet, and this angers me greatly!!!

Latest