The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Well said, well bloody said.

What have you two been smoking? Even when we've played well we've been criticized. United are incredibly lucky they haven't been branded as in 'crisis' the last week.
I'm past the point of caring whether Mourinho is our manager or not.

We are not getting european football and we should have just thrown the game vs Porto so we can get CL via europa. Abramovich is waiting to see if a manager wants to manage us. I don't care any more.
Original post by jam277
I'm past the point of caring whether Mourinho is our manager or not.

We are not getting european football and we should have just thrown the game vs Porto so we can get CL via europa. Abramovich is waiting to see if a manager wants to manage us. I don't care any more.

I was thinking that
Original post by joey11223
One thing I will say is everyone blame Mourinho but when do you simply blame the players? I mean I had so much management change in my job two years back, and it wasn't pretty, but I got on with what I do to a high quality. Can't this group of players, some considered greats, who are paid over 100k a week to play football because of their supposed quality, manage to just play as a team and win some games of football against what should be significantly lesser teams without every part of the game being orchestrated for them? I mean literally lets say it isn't the players, so a new manager had the same team, what exactly do you do to suddenly end this **** awful performance? Are the players doing this on purpose because they dislike Mourinho? How did they go from Champions to this?

I agree with you, the players need to be questioned too. Same players that managed to win the group in the Champions League but when it comes to the league they suddenly lose all ability? So suspect.

Mourinho has dropped a number of players as well at one point or another and still the same things. Maybe we should try a different formation. Liked 2 strikers upfront
Original post by stirkee
I was thinking that

It's not even pathetic to suggest it because that was realistically our only hope of making CL football.

Also Hazard's injury definitely was not an injury, think he was trying to make a point.

Original post by Skkc16
I agree with you, the players need to be questioned too. Same players that managed to win the group in the Champions League but when it comes to the league they suddenly lose all ability? So suspect.Mourinho has dropped a number of players as well at one point or another and still the same things. Maybe we should try a different formation. Liked 2 strikers upfront
I'd also say that midweek at Porto and then facing Leicester who had a long break affects us too.
(edited 8 years ago)
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10100395/jose-mourinho-says-he-feels-betrayed-by-his-chelsea-players-after-leicester-defeat

Did Mourinho seriously suggest that the players last season were playing above their normal level?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Really is it that damn simple to just run and cross when we have 3 attacking midfielders that are all under 6 foot, Oscar is not a physical presence in the air despite being of a decent height and Pedro is 5 ft 6 ffs. We have one aerial presence and he's not even great in the air so just spamming crosses is bull****. We got our goal because we changed to a 2 striker formation and that occupied the CBs, while with the 3atb we were able to get more control via the middle in the process.

The issue is the speed of our play and the fullbacks being so terrible that when we do get the ball high up the pitch and they narrow down there is no danger from the overlap.

This basically is our problem and we aren't creative enough in the middle to basically score our goals via that avenue.

You aren't creative enough to score goals from ANY avenue full-stop.

Would have sympathy for Mourinho with regards to his comments of feeling betrayed / let down by the players.

BUT, he if he feels betrayed / not listened to by the players, why the hell does he not give the the youth team / loaned players / sold players a chance?

The more this team gets beaten, the more defensive Mourinho is becoming, you'd think Chelsea were fighting for a single point on the final day parking the bus to prevent themselves from getting relegated with how defensive and deep they were in the first half.

As long as Mourinho stays, this team will keep loosing.

Oh, and I got hate for saying this was Dortmund V2 earlier in August.
I admit I was wrong, this team is worse.
Ffs we weren't going to win the Europa against Dortmund or even Sevilla. Piss take of a competition wrt to playing schedule.
Good to see the whole "feeling betrayed" comments being taken out of context by the media. Been a while since they did that to us.
Original post by Windies
You aren't creative enough to score goals from ANY avenue full-stop.

Would have sympathy for Mourinho with regards to his comments of feeling betrayed / let down by the players.

BUT, he if he feels betrayed / not listened to by the players, why the hell does he not give the the youth team / loaned players / sold players a chance?

The more this team gets beaten, the more defensive Mourinho is becoming, you'd think Chelsea were fighting for a single point on the final day parking the bus to prevent themselves from getting relegated with how defensive and deep they were in the first half.

As long as Mourinho stays, this team will keep loosing.

Oh, and I got hate for saying this was Dortmund V2 earlier in August.
I admit I was wrong, this team is worse.

Set piece we are creative enough(although not to the unsustainable level of last season) but other than that, yes. I was more saying about the middle because our width(as it has been for a few seasons) is not great in all honesty, most of our goals last season came from set pieces, through balls and in particular cutbacks from Hazard or Fabregas.

Well he plays the same first 11 every game, if he goes more to himself he's just going to choose the players that trust his work.

The third paragraph no idea.

We weren't ridiculously deep. It was more the case that our play was too slow so we couldn't build up the play meaning we had a row of defenders to get past. If our play was faster and the players got up the pitch more and pressed more off the ball then we can pen Leicester in, which then gives us loads of second chance attacks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Ffs we weren't going to win the Europa against Dortmund or even Sevilla. Piss take of a competition wrt to playing schedule.

Shed End Europa League may be dodgy and tough but it beats trying to get CL qualification via facing Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real, Juventus and Atlético, all of whom will give us a spanking. At least with Dortmund there is a chance of them getting knocked out and I can see us beating Sevilla, there is no chance all of these teams will be knocked out before we have to face them, and that's not even including the fact we have PSG to face.
(edited 8 years ago)
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaa huehuehue

Spoiler

Original post by jam277

I'd also say that midweek at Porto and then facing Leicester who had a long break affects us too.

We used to thrive off that though. Also we played on at home on Wednesday and had 5 days to recover.
Original post by Skkc16
We used to thrive off that though. Also we played on at home on Wednesday and had 5 days to recover.

Yes, I was more using that as a factor as to why we lost today.
i hope jose gives loftus cheek a game.
Original post by Windies

A very good point. You can't throw in youth for youth's sake, especially if they won't win matches, but with your senior professionals and 'champions' so woefully out of form, he may as well.
Isn't that the whole point of him using Kenedy and Loftus Cheek in games which we're losing?
Original post by Mackay
A very good point. You can't throw in youth for youth's sake, especially if they won't win matches, but with your senior professionals and 'champions' so woefully out of form, he may as well.

exactly. Kenedy has been impressive imo when he's played and loftus cheek can't do any worse in the middle than ramires/fabregas/matic
Original post by looseseal
Where's ShedEnd?

I'm curious to see if he still wants Jose to stay on. I've been telling him for the last month that Jose is a lost cause but he refused to listen.

Sometimes I wonder whether some Chelsea fans aren't just Jose fans. They'd probably still be cheering his name even if we got relegated...

[video="youtube;Vdmoo-EuY8M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdmoo-EuY8M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Absolutely nothing wrong with supporting this man. Let's be honest, people/media hate him, and they hate us. And they've hated us when we didn't have him, and they'll hate us when we don't have him.

My entire point is that it's ridiculous and short-sighted to want have our most successful manager sacked, a manager who after JT/Roman is the biggest Chelsea fan at the club and is willing to risk his reputation to stay and get us out this. To drop players previously considered undroppable and publicly criticised out best player and out best striker.

Judging by twitter tonight you'd have thought we'd lost to a Championship team not the most inform team in the league, who have scored the 5th most amount of goals in Europe, and conceded to the most inform striker the league has ever seen. It was a pathetic performance ngl, last 10 minutes we did exactly the same thing we'd done for the first 70 minutes by trying to play through the middle.

Of course I'm not saying Jose is not to blame, only 3 players went over to applaud the away fans ffs so it clearly speaks volumes about how they feel - most of them don't have the bottle atm. But this team also won the league at a canter 6 months ago, and are clearly jut out of form.

Out transfer work hasn't been good since last summer. January was awful as we brought in a player who couldn't speak the language or get into the team, and let a player who genuinely loved playing for the club leave. Pedro and Kenedy was out only decent bit of business in the summer and the board know that and have acknowledged that.

It's just a case of getting to the January window now and bringing in proven/solid quality. Shift the deadwood.

Our wing play is genuinely awful atm, been saying it since the start of the season, most of the fans on here don't seem to agree for some ****ed up reason but drop Ivanovic. Defensively he's been better since his injury, but his crossing is still absolutely embarrassing and he stifles any chances we create. Oscar doesn't look like he's up for the fight, too weak atm and not influencing the games at all bar a few tackles. Reckon he'll be off to Juve before too long.

At the end of the day, the only manager we'll have a chance of getting at this stage is Ancelotti, and even then he won't last. He's a fantastic manager and I love him, but he doesn't stick around for that long wherever he goes. Simeone has the love and loyalty at Ateltico and Pep is just overrated and dull as far as I'm concerned. It's a 6 month blip ffs.

Those saying he should be sacked as opposed to the deadwood in the squad being addressed/challengers brought in will be the first ones moaning when we sack him, end up with Brendan Rodgers while Jose goes to United and gets them back to winning ways.

Saw someone, not sure if here, or reddit or twitter, slagging off our fans for singing Mourinho's name. Absolute joke.
Original post by jam277
Isn't that the whole point of him using Kenedy and Loftus Cheek in games which we're losing?

when was the last time loftus cheek got meaningful minutes?

Kenedy i'm impressed by, he should play him more.

Latest