The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Brighton University Applicants' Page 2016

Welcome to the Brighton University Applicants' Page [2016 entry!!!]

I just thought that it would be cool to set up an applicant page for all people who are planning to apply to Brighton for 2016 entry to get to know each other and see who they're up against really !
Just fill out the form below and off you go! :

Name:
Undergraduate/Postgraduate:
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted):
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted):
Offer made/rejected:

Here's mine:

Name: Ally
Course: Software Engineering (with a year in industry)
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): Achieved AABB
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): Predicted ABB
Offer made/rejected: Offer received 10/11/15 - BBC
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Okay, maybe not.
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
I am considering to apply to Brighton to study Sport and Exercise science. I also live in London. Undergraduate.
Currently working at DDM
Predicted D*D*D*
Haven't decided if I should apply or not
Original post by Crazyjoesmith
I am considering to apply to Brighton to study Sport and Exercise science. I also live in London. Undergraduate.
Currently working at DDM
Predicted D*D*D*
Haven't decided if I should apply or not

Heya! :h:

Which other universities are you considering?
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Heya! :h:

Which other universities are you considering?

Heyy, my other choices are Kent, Brunel, Middlesex and Portsmouth 😊. How about you ?
Original post by Crazyjoesmith
Heyy, my other choices are Kent, Brunel, Middlesex and Portsmouth 😊. How about you ?

Cardiff, Swansea, Brunel, Brighton and NTU :h:

Ooo were Brighton and Brunel twins haha 😜😊

I hear Cardiff is very good. Swansea Uni is also good - I know the place well, because I go there often. It's got the most amazing beaches, which is definitely a plus! Here's a beach relatively near Swansea University
2-6-19-1-0002_hols_sw_CaswellBay_16x9.jpg
I'm from Lewes (a few minutes away from the uni), applying to do a BA in Primary Education with QTS (3-7)
Original post by emiliadsc
I'm from Lewes (a few minutes away from the uni), applying to do a BA in Primary Education with QTS (3-7)

Cool subject choice :smile:
I hear Cardiff is very good. Swansea Uni is also good - I know the place well, because I go there often. It's got the most amazing beaches, which is definitely a plus! Here's a beach relatively near Swansea University
2-6-19-1-0002_hols_sw_CaswellBay_16x9.jpg

Heya!!

I'm so torn between both of the unis! :erm: could you perhaps give me the pros and cons of both, because I'm soooo stuck for choice :zomg:

Are the beaches the only highlight in Swansea do you reckon? :smile:
Heya!!

I'm so torn between both of the unis! :erm: could you perhaps give me the pros and cons of both, because I'm soooo stuck for choice :zomg:

Are the beaches the only highlight in Swansea do you reckon? :smile:

Are Cardiff and Swansea your top choices?

I don't actually know much about Cardiff University, just that it is one of the top universities. It's very good for research quality and graduate prospects and the majority of graduates have good honours.
Swansea University is also quite high in the rankings. Swansea's entry standards are lower than Cardiff's, but Swansea's graduate prospects are just as good. That tells you that you don't need to go to a university that's harder to get into to get a good job. I know someone who goes to Swansea University and he really loves it there.

But I don't like to look at the university as a whole really. Have a look in the rankings for the particular subject you want to study, because that's the most important thing. Look at the Unistats for that course, they're very helpful! You want to make sure that students have actually enjoyed the course and whether they are employed six months after they leave university.

The locals are sooooo friendly in Swansea and Cardiff, because it's Wales. They're really happy and full of life. I think quite a lot of the people in Swansea uni are local, because university in Wales is free for those who live there. Both cities should have good nightlife, though there may be more clubs in Cardiff because it is slightly bigger.

Hope that helps a bit :smile:
x

You're actually an angel :daydreaming: thanks for the lengthy response!

For the course I'm interested in (Software Engineering), the responses are quite different on unistats. The Cardiff stats tend to be generally worse than Swansea but this is because the data was collected from 75 students in Cardiff in comparison to the 35 students in Swansea. So already, it's hard to compare when they're based off a different sample size. The end results i.e. the salaries tend to be similar but there just seems to be a gap in terms of the teaching so I'm in a bit of a dilemma haha!

Here is the table(Cardiff - left, Swansea - right)

unis.PNG
I'm applying for Multimedia Broadcast Journalism @ Brighton, and Journalism @ Sussex. :smile: I live in Peterborough but my dad lives in Lewes. (i'm 23/"mature student")

Anyone applied/heard from Brighton?

I applied about 3 weeks ago. Had a thank you e-mail and they're "considering"... Visited the uni at the weekend and met the admissions tutor who asked my name because they want to look at my application/they want me there! Think I'd prefer Sussex though because of the location (course is at Hastings campus for Brighton uni)...
Reply 14
I've had all my offers but Brighton, hope they hurry up :angry:
Original post by sw651
I've had all my offers but Brighton, hope they hurry up :angry:

What subject?
Reply 16
Original post by cbaker22
What subject?

Television and Digital Media Production:smile:
Original post by sw651
Television and Digital Media Production:smile:

I see! Where else have you applied? I'm surprised you've had all your responses, when did you apply?
Reply 18
Original post by cbaker22
I see! Where else have you applied? I'm surprised you've had all your responses, when did you apply?

I applied to Lincoln, Sheffield Hallam, Liverpool John Moore and UClan as well. To be honest only Lincoln and Brighton appeal to me, as they are the only 'academic' ones. The only reason I chose the rest is because they are good for my course :s-smilie: I applied on the 20th last month
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sw651
I applied to Lincoln, Sheffield Hallam, Liverpool John Moore and UClan as well. To be honest only Lincoln and Brighton appeal to me, as they are the only 'academic' ones. The only reason I chose the rest is because they are good for my course :s-smilie: I applied on the 20th last month

Dam, I applied on the 12th!! :frown:

I only applied Sussex and Brighton and heard nothing from either....

I went to the open day at the weekend and they were keen to have me.. (Brighton) admissions lady even asked my name.

I've also had a horrible horrible feeling I might have filled in the grades for my A levels wrong.

I think I put the right grades but not sure if I picked the right drop down. I'm 23 so I finished my exams years ago and I just put in the overall grade instead of the AS & A2 so Idk if that was the correct way or whether it looks like I've taken half an A level?????

Panic stations!!!!:banana::awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending