The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Arriving at UK

Hello,
I am a prospect uni of brighton student and i was just wondering (sorry if the question is kinda dumb) will there be some kind of a transportation for me to the uni the day i arrive?? I am an international Student and my parents are kind of worried about my arrival because for brighton, i have to go half of the trip by an airplane and the other half by a train and i'm not familiar with anything in the uk really. I read somewhere that there will be some kind of a guide there to show you your accommodation and stuff if you arrive in a certain day but i'm not sure if I understood that clearly. Since my parents can't accompany me, i want to know will there be a transferring service for the uni when i arrive or should i go find my accommodation myself? And will there be a guide at a certain day to take me to my accommodation if i manage to arrive that day?

I hope my question made sense
Thank you
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Layleighx
Hello,
I am a prospect uni of brighton student and i was just wondering (sorry if the question is kinda dumb) will there be some kind of a transportation for me to the uni the day i arrive?? I am an international Student and my parents are kind of worried about my arrival because for brighton, i have to go half of the trip by an airplane and the other half by a train and i'm not familiar with anything in the uk really. I read somewhere that there will be some kind of a guide there to show you your accommodation and stuff if you arrive in a certain day but i'm not sure if I understood that clearly. Since my parents can't accompany me, i want to know will there be a transferring service for the uni when i arrive or should i go find my accommodation myself? And will there be a guide at a certain day to take me to my accommodation if i manage to arrive that day?

I hope my question made sense
Thank you

This page on their web site provides basic details of how you might travel to Brighton or Eastbourne (the University is based in both of these cities), with links to train, coach and taxi services, and with maps of the university's campuses.

Are you staying in University of Brighton halls of residence or managed accommodation? If so, the accommodation team should have sent you information about what to do when you arrive at your accommodation. If not, I suggest you contact them at [email protected].

The page I mention above also links to this page which gives you a brief introduction to the UK and explains things like how to open a bank account, and how to access the National Health Service, etc. It also covers other topics like cultural differences, the cost of living, public holidays, etc.
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
This page on their web site provides basic details of how you might travel to Brighton or Eastbourne (the University is based in both of these cities), with links to train, coach and taxi services, and with maps of the university's campuses.

Are you staying in University of Brighton halls of residence or managed accommodation? If so, the accommodation team should have sent you information about what to do when you arrive at your accommodation. If not, I suggest you contact them at [email protected].

The page I mention above also links to this page which gives you a brief introduction to the UK and explains things like how to open a bank account, and how to access the National Health Service, etc. It also covers other topics like cultural differences, the cost of living, public holidays, etc.

Thank you for your response.
Yes i am planning on staying in student halls and i have already submitted my request but i still haven't got a solid place there and no email. i think they will send that email when the accommodation deadline has passed.
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending