The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Pharmacy OSPAP application after deadline

Hi everyone :-) So, I am a bit late to the party having submitted an application for the Pharmacy Ospap course last week. Unfortunately, I had a delay in receiving documents from my home country which then led to a delay in receiving my GPhC adjudication letter. I understand that applications have closed for 2022, however I was pleased to see that I could still submit an application via the university portal. I am hoping this means my application will be considered in some capacity? Brighton is my number 1 choice and I would be sorely disappointed to miss the opportunity to study there..
Original post by CAnn
Hi everyone :-) So, I am a bit late to the party having submitted an application for the Pharmacy Ospap course last week. Unfortunately, I had a delay in receiving documents from my home country which then led to a delay in receiving my GPhC adjudication letter. I understand that applications have closed for 2022, however I was pleased to see that I could still submit an application via the university portal. I am hoping this means my application will be considered in some capacity? Brighton is my number 1 choice and I would be sorely disappointed to miss the opportunity to study there..

Hi @CAnn

We're pleased to hear you are interested in studying at the University of Brighton :smile:

As the OSPAP course became full and closed to new applications on the 11th March 2022, the admissions team are no longer able to review any new applications that come in.

Please also note that for OSPAP applications, you must receive the GPhC approval before submitting your application.

If you are still interested in studying the course with us, please feel free to apply for 2023 applications when applications open again in October 2022.

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your studies! :biggrin:

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep :nyan:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by University of Brighton Enquiries
Hi @CAnn

We're pleased to hear you are interested in studying at the University of Brighton :smile:

As the OSPAP course became full and closed to new applications on the 11th March 2022, the admissions team are no longer able to review any new applications that come in.

Please also note that for OSPAP applications, you must receive the GPhC approval before submitting your application.

If you are still interested in studying the course with us, please feel free to apply for 2023 applications when applications open again in October 2022.

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your studies! :biggrin:

Hey Danielle!

I'm a practicing pharmacist in the US and have applied through the GPhC to register for OSPAP, application currently pending.. I've read several articles online stating OSPAP courses for 2024 are already past capacity, is this information accurate? Really hoping to enroll next September.

Appreciate your insight.
Alyssa
Original post by astrohbusch
Hey Danielle!

I'm a practicing pharmacist in the US and have applied through the GPhC to register for OSPAP, application currently pending.. I've read several articles online stating OSPAP courses for 2024 are already past capacity, is this information accurate? Really hoping to enroll next September.

Appreciate your insight.
Alyssa

Hi @astrohbusch

The information online is incorrect.

The University of Brighton is yet to open to any OSPAP applications for 2024, so all spaces on the course are still available.

It is likely that applications for 2024 entry will open mid October. We would recommend keeping an eye on the OSPAP course page regularly, as the admissions team will add the date applications will open shortly. :biggrin:

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your application!!

Original post by University of Brighton Enquiries
Hi @astrohbusch

The information online is incorrect.

The University of Brighton is yet to open to any OSPAP applications for 2024, so all spaces on the course are still available.

It is likely that applications for 2024 entry will open mid October. We would recommend keeping an eye on the OSPAP course page regularly, as the admissions team will add the date applications will open shortly. :biggrin:

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your application!!

Hi Danielle,

Would that be possible to get some more details of the approximate date/time and instructions/format of the calculation test for OSPAP application if I may ask please? Since I have booked a one-week trip starts on the same day of this application, I just have to ensure that I have access to internet for the test during my trip, otherwise I may need to make some arrangement/cancellation of my trip for the test. Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
Helen
Original post by helenccccccc
Hi Danielle,

Would that be possible to get some more details of the approximate date/time and instructions/format of the calculation test for OSPAP application if I may ask please? Since I have booked a one-week trip starts on the same day of this application, I just have to ensure that I have access to internet for the test during my trip, otherwise I may need to make some arrangement/cancellation of my trip for the test. Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
Helen

Hi @helenccccccc

I have contacted the Pharmacy OSPAP admissions officer on your behalf to see if I am able to get some information for you regarding the test.
They have responded to confirm that applicants are sent the test on an individual basis, as and when the admissions officer has assessed the application and deemed it suitable for entry. Applications are open for two days and the admissions officer will be looking at all of the the applications received, so there is unfortunately no way of knowing when exactly each application will be processed and each person will be sent the test.

The test is done online, so you will need access to the internet in order to complete it.

Sorry I am not able to share any further details. I hope the information above is helpful.

All the best with your application.

Hey Danielle!

You were very helpful before, let's see if you can go 2/2. Haha.
I'm still pending GPhC approval for OSPAP enrollment... I know the University of Brighton enrollment period is currently open but it doesn't look good to have my clearance by the time the window is up. With that said, should I apply anyway so the university knows I hold strong interest? If the course doesn't fill from this initial application period, will the opportunity to enroll re-open? Apologies for badgering you with questions, but I greatly appreciate any/all insight you're able to provide!

Cheers,
Alyssa
Original post by astrohbusch
Hey Danielle!

You were very helpful before, let's see if you can go 2/2. Haha.
I'm still pending GPhC approval for OSPAP enrollment... I know the University of Brighton enrollment period is currently open but it doesn't look good to have my clearance by the time the window is up. With that said, should I apply anyway so the university knows I hold strong interest? If the course doesn't fill from this initial application period, will the opportunity to enroll re-open? Apologies for badgering you with questions, but I greatly appreciate any/all insight you're able to provide!

Cheers,
Alyssa

Hi Alyssa (@astrohbusch)

If you have not received your GPHC approval I wouldn't recommend applying. The admissions team have received a very high number of applications and will only consider those who already have the GPHC approval. It won't go against you to not apply this year and apply fresh next year :smile: The admissions team review all applications the same and will not prioritise those who have previously applied.

It's very unlikely applications will re-open due to the popularity of the course and the number of applications received. That being said, if applications were to re-open, this information would be added to the course page, so the best thing to do would be to keep an eye on the course page for updates.

Otherwise, applications for 2025 entry will open around a similar time next October. The admissions team will again add the details of the application open and closing dates before applications open to give everyone the best opportunity to apply.

I hope this is helpful! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending